Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0279  (Read 1492 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0279
« on: April 19, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0279
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 08:22:21 PM »
I must say Vicki looked absolutely gorgeous wearing Josette's dress, her hair all tied up....she looked like a princess. [angl]

Carolyn told Vicki if anyone deserved to be a Collins it was her....now I am sure Carolyn meant that as a compliment, but when you think about what it really meant to be a part of that crazy family....I think I'd be insulted rather than flattered. [chkyg]

Barnabas obviously wasn't thrilled about Vicki wanting Burke at the party, but because he so wants to do anything to please her he gave in.

I don't know why Vicki was so insistant on wanting Burke at the party.....Burke is definitely not a history nut and he really wasn't particularly interested in going. Or maybe he just wasn't crazy about having to wear very, very, old clothes that he wouldn't want to be caught dead in. [wink2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:34:19 AM »
The "You deserve to be a member of the Collins family" struck me oddly as well.  Very oddly.

Once again I'm having trouble with the Party.  Such a fuss is being made over it!  Now Carolyn's getting into the act.  Somehow the Millicent Collins who is disturbing her when she wears Millicent's dress doesn't sound like the Millicent whom we'll see later on.

And I don't notice anybody asking Barnabas, "Do you want me to bring my tuna-mac casserole?"  That would be one way to bring the whole thing down to earth, if people are getting strange feelings.

Meanwhile, Vicky lies to Barnabas to get Burke invited to the Party.  That sort of shocked me - especially since Burke didn't exactly want to go to it.  Never mind.  At least she's enthusiastic - although when she said Burke would be great at the Party (or whatever it was that she said) I suddenly imagined Burke as the sort of guy who does stupid tricks at parties that are only funny if you're drunk - and I don't drink.

[spoiler]I guess my real problem with this is that as far as I can remember, nothing really happened at the Party.  If I knew that the Party was what threw Vicky into the past, I'd say, "Yup, Liz is right, and Carolyn's right, and the whole thing should be called off."  And if Barnabas managed destroy Burke/Jeremiah at the Party as he threatened to do, I'd be holding my breath as Vicky persuaded Barnabas to invite Burke.  But it was just a Party, with insufficient food.[/spoiler]

I wish Carolyn could have said something nice about Buzz when she was talking with Burke.  Buzz was pretty good to her, all things considered.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 04:17:50 AM »
[spoiler]I guess my real problem with this is that as far as I can remember, nothing really happened at the Party.[/spoiler]

Actually, [spoiler]I'd say that at least two things of interest happen at the party. Vicki sees someone of definite interest, and there's an interesting seance.  ;)[/spoiler]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »
Actually, [spoiler]I'd say that at least two things of interest happen at the party. Vicki sees someone of definite interest, and there's an interesting seance.[/spoiler]
Agreed, but I don't remember them [spoiler]leading to anything in particular.[/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 01:39:17 AM »
I think that Vickie might already think that Barnabas has an interest in her.  I think that she might be trying to discourage him in a way, But she still wants to play dress up. It is interesting when she talks about Victoria Collns and the changes it to Josette Collins.

I wonder what Willie, really wanted to tell Vickie.

I have one question how is Barnabas going to get Burke at the party how.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 03:52:22 AM »
I think Vicki was totally clueless to Barnabas' interest in her.

Spoiler:
Later on, when Julia tells her Barnabas is interested in her, she scoffs at the idea. Maybe she should have been more aware of his interest on her, but you have to give Barnabas credit.....when he told Vicki about Burke having him investigated, he "tries" to talk her out of confronting Burke because he doesn't want to jeopardize their relationship (yeah right)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 10:48:40 AM »
"There's a lot of things we deserve and never get, and there's a lot of things we get and don't deserve." I think that's the most philosophical thing Willie ever said.  Very profound, and so true... [winkg]

"But I'm dedicated to seeing that people get what I think they deserve."  Ooh!  So scary!  But this statement that Barnabas made was so true of his behavior during the entire run of the show.

Vicki did look like a princess in that dress.  I love the way she looked with her hair up. [cheesyg]

Dark Shadows meets Star Wars in this episode! [cheesyg]  Barnabas sounded just like Yoda when he said to Willie, "That night must go nothing wrong."  I LOL when I saw this scene! [lol3]   I wonder if George Lucas got the idea of Yoda from this? [color]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:29 PM »
"But I'm dedicated to seeing that people get what I think they deserve."  Ooh!  So scary!  But this statement that Barnabas made was so true of his behavior during the entire run of the show.

Exactly! It's very scary - and not in a good way.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »

Exactly! It's very scary - and not in a good way.

When were the only times Barnabas ever enjoyed himself?    When he was getting revenge!   He actually smiles!

Congrats on your new status MB...I think it might be connections though.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:54:45 PM »
Congrats on your new status MB

Thanks.

...I think it might be connections though.

Not really - it's all based on the number of posts. And as I'd said a few months back, my status had actually moved well past DSF God, as had Midnite's. Now she and I are both on the same level. But it probably won't be long before I reach the next level.  ;)  (Interestingly, though, we've yet to even define a level that my counterpart from the SMF home site would reach on this forum with his astounding current posts total of 34906!!  :o)

There are also some new graphics to come to designate the five new levels beyond DS God...