Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0509  (Read 1164 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0509
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0509
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »
Kinescope today, and its breathing seemed labored, poor thing.

As I watched Sam dealing with Adam, I remembered him talking with Sarah last year, and with David in the coffeeshop in one of the pre-Barnabas episodes.  Sam had a nice way with children.  David Ford, however, continues to disappoint me as a blind man.  Among other things, he seemed quite carefree when he was carrying the bowl of water, and also when he put it on the table.

I believe this is the only episode of the whole series in which Stokes's fondness for cheese is mentioned,  From that one mention, a whole world of references to Stokes's passionate and undying love of cheese was born.  I was amused by Tony's response to the offer of cheese: "I like cheese."  It just seemed so lame!  There are so many kinds of cheese!  I myself don't like cheddar much, but I love Swiss.  There's a difference.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
I liked the interaction between Sam and Adam. Adam seems to have found someone who'd like to give him a helping hand...not, say, kill him or taunt him needlessly unlike some people I could mention.

Oh Cassandra....if you really wanted to kill Stokes, perhaps you should have done the job yourself, not send Tony to do it. Tony was very frigid and nervous....no wonder Stokes was suspicious of him.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 05:29:41 PM »
I believe this is the only episode of the whole series in which Stokes's fondness for cheese is mentioned,  From that one mention, a whole world of references to Stokes's passionate and undying love of cheese was born.

LOL

As a nice bit of continuity, Stokes does offer cheese as an accompaniment to sherry again in a future ep when Julia and Barnabas come a-callin'.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »
Continuity...there's an idea.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 11:16:38 PM »
Continuity...there's an idea.

Hmmm... naaah.

I was wondering lately why I couldn't remember the cheese-fixation scenes that I'd been making jokes about for the last couple of years.....!   I'm still convinced that Elliot's cheese cult will turn Collinsport into a swarm of cheese zombies, sometime in... 1972?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:33:32 AM »
I also liked the interaction between Adam and Sam, and noticed Sam's nice way with children. It was very sweet to hear Sam talk to Adam that way. A little kindness goes a long way. [ghost_cheesy]

It was a pleasant surprise to discover that Prof. Stokes had switched his and Tony's drinks. I even watched the scene again, and didn't see it happen. [ghost_wink] 

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]