Author Topic: .....A little disappointed  (Read 746 times)

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
.....A little disappointed
« on: March 14, 2004, 05:24:02 PM »
I don't know if I'm in the minority but I was rather disappointed that the new series seems to be going in the direction of rehashing the originals' characters but hiring younger actors/actresses to portray them.  I was hoping this would be a 'Next Generation' with some of the original actors making at least occasional appearances as their character.  A sixty year old Nancy Barrett as Carolyn, etc.

I believe it would be more interesting to do a next generation than to have the same characters (we the fans of the original) know and love portrayed by different actors/actresses.  I realize they might want the vampire but Barnabas could have had a son and they could focus on him.  Maybe the son was turned into a vampire for the same reason his father was.  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.......

The primary reason I would have rather had mostly new characters is because I would like to see all new plots and not a continual rehashing of the original series.  Although I never saw the '91 series it's my understanding that they rehashed the storylines of the original and maybe that is a major reason it didn't work.

I guess I'm a little more protective than I realized about this show, which to me reminds me very distinctly of my youth and a time of innocence.

I do plan to watch the new show and I hope it's good.

Murph

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:.........A little disappointed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 12:11:56 AM »
Hi Murph i know what you mean i love the
original cast members from when we were kids.
                  Love Anne ???
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow