Author Topic: These Are The Best Horror Movies of 2023 (So Far)  (Read 57 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: These Are The Best Horror Movies of 2023 (So Far)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 12:32:52 AM »
I'm really out of the entertainment loop.  I've only heard of half of these offerings and most only vaguely. As for the ones that are theatrical, I don't have the ability to go to venues offering big screen anymore (being in assisted living limits the living part), so I can't buy a ticket, pick up a bucket of buttered popcorn with a soda to wash it down and enjoy seeing a movie the way it's attended to be seen anymore (plus, the cost of a movie ticket with popcorn and a soda now practically equals the monthly cost of assisted living).  And then there are those that are only now available on streaming.  I don't stream, so I don't have access to all the 9,593,985 streaming services now offered with many at monthly prices that are starting to make cable and satellite say "hey, and we thought we gouged." 

Well, as I choose not to go to the Bijou anymore or float down a stream, it's no wonder that all these horror films are something I can't enjoy or am not familiar with.  I'd love to see them, though.  At least I can on wikipedia and look up the plot summaries.  To be honest, after reading the one for The Exorcist:  Believers, I was rather disappointed.  I guess I saved a month's worth of my nursing level care by not seeing it.

Gerard