Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0487  (Read 1253 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0487
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0487
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 10:10:34 AM »
Thank heaven Lang is dead.  While he was still around, I couldn't think about anything but how awful he was.  Sort of like the Dream Curse, only it was the Lang Curse.  When Jeff expressed pleasure at Lang's death, I felt that he and I were kindred spirits.  Scary, huh?

The scene before the opening title of today's episode is a favorite of mine.  When Julia walks around the sofa touching each of the knobs, it feels to me as though I'm touching the knobs, because that's the sort of thing that I do.  Then after the opening title, Vicky attains the ultimate in cluelessness when she says to Julia, "I didn't know you smoked."  And Vicky wonders if something might possibly be wrong.  I love it.

The episodes in the past few weeks have been interesting to me because Barnabas describes the vampire's craving for blood more than I remember him doing it at any other point in the series.  I really start to think about what it means to feel that craving, to the point where you don't care about what's right or wrong; all you know is that you have to have blood.  Fresh blood.  With maybe a little paprika to give it some zing.

I enjoyed the scene between Stokes and Julia.  Two intelligent people talking.  Nice.  And Julia about to explode.  Lovely.

Ding, Dong, Lang is DEAD!!!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »
But his voice lives on.....

No one ever had the thought that Lang himself could be reanimated.   That's just how popular a guy he was.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:37:28 PM »
When Jeff ..., I felt that he and I were kindred spirits.  Scary, huh?

Horrifying.  [snow_wow]  And if identifying with Jeff ever happens again, I suggest you seek immediate medical attention!  [snow_wink]

No one ever had the thought that Lang himself could be reanimated.   That's just how popular a guy he was.

[snow_laugh]

But if one thinks about it, it's probably not surprising no one thought to try the experiment on Lang. At this point they believe both the living person's life-force and their personality will occupy the body, so they'd believe that the personality of the person they'd use to reanimate Lang would override Lang's personality, and that would be of no use. And by the time they realize both could live, they no longer need Lang's help, so what point would there be to bring him back? And there would also be no guarantee that both would live. That certainly wasn't the case when they did the experiment with Eve. The possibility that both participants could live, as in the case of Barnabas/Adam, may have been so infinitesimally small that that's why Lang didn't even mention it as a possible outcome until his dying breaths.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 02:15:08 AM »

[snow_laugh]

Perish the thought! [snow_shocked] That would have deprived us of the wonderful performances which Robert Rodan made when Adam first awoke. I can't imagine Dr. Lang acting like a baby! [snow_silly]

So now Julia has had the dream, and she wants to avoid telling Mrs. Johnson about it for as long as possible. That scene at the beginning, when Julia didn't know who was opening the door, was quite suspenseful. [snow_wow] I loved it!

Then after the opening title, Vicky attains the ultimate in cluelessness when she says to Julia, "I didn't know you smoked."  And Vicky wonders if something might possibly be wrong.
I guess Vicki never saw Julia smoke before.

I loved Julia's visit with Prof. Stokes, too. One thing I thought was strange was that Julia didn't get the exact address. How did she know which house to go to? [snow_huh]

Good for Jeff! He found out that he wasn't a killer! Now he's further down the road to remembering that he is Peter Bradford. I loved it when he twirled Vicki around. Such a playful scene.  [snow_smiley]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 04:26:03 AM »
I love how Professor Stokes is so frank and honest....he tells Julia he's impatient with strangers. What a cool guy! He's one of the show's most dignified characters (and the most honest too and that's saying a lot!)

I think Barnabas was out of line ordering Jeff to stay away from Vicki. Threatening him was an even more foolish move, because as Jeff said, he could just as easily tell on Barnabas as Barnabas could on him.

I liked his twirling Vicki around too. Aside from Frank Garner (and I know I'm going against the majority here) I think Peter was the best match for Vicki.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
I liked his twirling Vicki around too. Aside from Frank Garner (and I know I'm going against the majority here) I think Peter was the best match for Vicki.
I agree with you. It's too bad Frank and Vicki's romance didn't go very far. I liked Frank and Vicki together. [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 05:39:26 AM »
Did anybody else notice that while Jeff was explaining to Vickie about how Lang accused him of strangling women that Jeff actually looked as if he were getting ready to choke Vickie himself right then and there?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:34:22 AM »
No, but I wish I had.