Author Topic: What IS that thing?  (Read 890 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
What IS that thing?
« on: June 12, 2002, 09:29:14 PM »
I neither watched nor taped today's epsisodes [517-518]......

Would someone please tell me what the heck that object is in the last photo of today's montage...lower right hand corner? [hdscrt]

Thanks

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: What IS that thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 09:53:49 PM »
Hi Rainey,  Actually that thing you see is a stick pin that was dropped by Professor Stokes at the Evan's cottage when Adam pushed him away.  LOL!  It does kind of look hard to make out.  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 10:13:31 PM »
Thanks Castlebee!!

Now....I'm sure there is some significance to this object ending up on the floor of the Evan's cottage.....what is that likely to be?  

And aren't things like stick pins lovely anachronisms in this day and age?

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 10:55:52 PM »
Thanks for asking the question Raineypark!...I was gonna do the same myself.I had no earthly idea what it was.I just wonder what its significance will be?... ?!?

Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 11:41:53 PM »
Thanx, Cassandra, for answering the mystery question. When I first looked, I thought a little spaceship had landed on the rug and that the Twillight Zone had entered the DS realm!

carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 12:00:47 AM »
I neither watched nor taped today's epsisodes [517-518]

Of course, you do realize that admitting such egregious acts so boldly on the forum is more than suitable grounds to have your registration instantly terminated, don't you? [wink2]

For shame, Raineypark!! For shame!!

But I'm in a benevolent mood, so I'm going to take pity on you this one time and assume that you simply experienced some sort of unavoidable delirium...

Now, I want you to go to your room and contemplate the senseless error of your ways and beg whatever higher power you might believe in to restore your sanity. (And if you happen to own a whip, flagellating yourself would also be highly appropriate! If a whip isn't readily accessible, a flexible branch from a tree will suffice.) And you're not to come out until you're 100% certain that you will never allow yourself to commit such a thoroughly unimaginable act again, neither intentionally or even by accident.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 01:50:42 AM »
Oh my my!....worked ourself up into quite a frenzy, haven't we, MB?

I'm afraid S and M isn't in my repertoire any more....insurance premiums are just out of hand and who can find a decently made whip these days?

No, there'll be no apology this time, dear.....and no self-flagellation. If you REALLY feel it's necessary, you're going to have to punish me yourself.....AGAIN!

I'll be waiting over here, tending my Monkshood plant and checking out "recipes"...right, Midnite?   ;)

Raineypark

Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2002, 03:54:52 AM »
worked ourself up into quite a frenzy, haven't we
Au contraire, ma delicate fleur. As I told you, that was me in benevolent mode. You wouldn't want to see me if I ever worked myself up into a frenzy. [winkb]

I'm afraid S and M isn't in my repertoire any more...
S&M??!! I'm shocked at you, Raineypark!! No, no, no - just a return to the good old ways of the Catholic Church, when people really knew what penance was all about. Those abbeys and monasteries were places where they had a rollicking good time in their cells at night. [wink2]

And you know what they say: If self-flagellation was good enough for them then... [zzwhip]

If you REALLY feel it's necessary, you're going to have to punish me yourself.....AGAIN!
Oooooo, tempting. But considering that apparently S&M was once in your repertoire, you might want it with you shackled to a wall, and I'm just not that kind of MB! :-[

I'll be waiting over here, tending my Monkshood plant and checking out "recipes"
Veiled (or perhaps not so veiled) threats? For shame - I would think such a tact beneath you. [speechless]

But I know all about your "special" plants, and I just might be able to dig up a few "recipes" of my own. [book2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2002, 04:13:14 AM »
Don't even SPEAK to me of the Old Ways of the Church....the scourge would have been the least of MY worries.  The big stake with the pile of smoldering  wood around it would have been MY final destination.

You'll have to excuse me now...I have a talisman to make.......A charm to bind an enemy?.....No, not that one.....A charm to work revenge?.....No, no, no.....Oh....A charm to turn aside evil and ill fortune....THAT'S IT!!

Raineypark.....(who wants to know why YOU get the really neat smileys....like the one with the whip?!!!!) [lghy]

Dylan Thomas