Author Topic: Banshee DVD/Blu-ray  (Read 619 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Banshee DVD/Blu-ray
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »
I see on Amazon that the Banshee DVD/Blu-ray release is July 30th. That's much earlier than I was anticipating because most shows don't come out until about a month before the new season starts - and as we know, the new season of Banshee won't be until next year.

It's also nice to see that among other things, both the DVD and Blu-ray release include audio commentaries (on 6 of the eps) and deleted scenes.

Banshee: Season One (Cinemax) (2013)

Banshee: Season One (Blu-ray) (Cinemax) (2013)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Banshee DVD/Blu-ray
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:34:28 PM »
*wonders whether we get to see everything, and I MEAN everything, on that incendiary lead actor* (the MALE one, to be perfectly clear, since people are now using actor to refer to women thespians--actress is such a lovely word, derived from French, and perfectly respectable English, but now due to be consigned to the rubbish heap?)

DS content... I always thought it would be interesting if a Banshee had appeared at Collinwood.  The closest they ever got, I suppose, was the plot point of Melanie's "episodes" in PT 1841 whenever a certain event occurred.

I have a book in my library printed in Dublin that includes eyewitness accounts of actual Banshee phenomena and it's extraordinary.  The "screaming" often manifests as a huge rippling sonic wave that can beat down bushes, make the earth rumble, break windows, etc.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »
There was no doubt that you meant Antony Starr:

And save for a certain part of his anatomy, there certainly wasn't anything left to the imagination when it came to the rest of him as it was on display on Cinemax. But if any of the deleted scenes go further, I'll certainly post an alert.  [ghost_wink]

But let's not let Mr Starr overshadow the fact that the show also features Ivana Milicevic(Angelique '04) and Ben Cross(Barnabas '91):

And both are really excellent on the show. And I'm referring to their acting even though when it comes to Ms. Milicevic, well, there wasn't much of anything about her that was left to the imagination because she had several full frontal and several pretty explicit sex scenes. Let's just say I saw more of her and in more positions than I ever thought I would see, and we'll leave it at that...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:12:42 PM »
Thanks MB!  Yes, I mean Mr. Starr.  I'm sure Ms. M. (I will never, ever be able to spell her last name, much less pronounce it) has her fans and they appreciate knowing about this opportunity to, shall we say, commune with her in all her glory.

I appreciate your keeping a lookout, so to speak, on my behalf with regards to Mr. Starr's appearance in the deleted scenes. I realize just how purely altruistic your motives are.  Altruism, yeah, that's the ticket.

DS content... speaking of Ms. M it looks as if the WB DS pilot has been buried in some bypass somewhere (obscure Wicker Man joke) so those who can't attend the DS conventions aren't going to be getting the chance to see her work as Our Favorite Witch?

cheers, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile