Author Topic: New Barnabas Merchandise Coming in August!  (Read 2231 times)

ClaudeNorth

Re: New Barnabas Merchandise Coming in August!
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:13 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed that the 2nd series of action figures never came out

Perhaps what I hope was a fiercely negative response to that appalling Julia prototype caused the company to start from scratch.  I mean, really, PANTS?????  That thing looked like a bizarre amalgam of Laurie Anderson, Camille Paglia, and Martin Short.

Of course, I won't be satisfied with anything less that a Julia "fashion doll," clad in a dress, lab coat, and carrying a medical bag.  Assorted Julia fashion sets could be sold separately, with such names as "Wyndcliffe Days," "A Night at the Blue Whale," and "Time Travel," as well as a Julia's Laboratory playset and a JuliaMobile.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 01:43:39 AM »
Perhaps at this year's Fest there will be some sort of update on the second series of figures. One can hope...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 02:04:49 AM »
First of all, I am deeply disappointed that the cane is not going to be available.  I hope that it will come out later.  I mean, we're bound to get the Depp cane at some point, but I've always wanted an AFFORDABLE Frid cane.  But, the Depp cane looks cool, so I will be satisfied with that.  We still get the cape, and I am thankful for that.  I am sure the company will try to produce something akin to the cane.  After all, it's in all of the other pictures.   [ghost_rolleyes]

As for the action figures, I am kind of wondering if Spectre Toys didn't go under... again.  They have no website anymore.  I wanted a Josette figure to go with Barnabas.  The prototype we saw wasn't that bad.  It was a mix of Moltke and Scott.  It could have been better, yes, but I would have taken it.  The Julia figure was a disappointment, mostly because of the clothes.  I really was hoping to see this line continue, but, since we haven't heard anything, I don't know if it will.  There are some people really interested in this line on Mego boards.  The first wave must've sold well enough with the interest from Mego fans, Monster kids, and the DS universe... so I am not entirely sure what the problem is.  Unless they really are just doing re-designs...  But I don't know at this point.  Anyone have contact info?  

The characters I MUST have if the line continues are Quentin, Elizabeth (or any Joan character), Josette, and HUMAN Chris or Tom Jennings.  

The characters I'd also like to see, but don't consider vital for figure form, are:  Vicki, Julia, Maggie, Nicholas Blair, David, Amy, and Jeremiah's Ghost.  

Fun figures, but not all that necessary:  Willie, Count Petofi, Aristede, Roger, Pansy Faye, Old Barnabas, Laura Collins, Prof. Stokes, Magda, Reverend Trask.  

Again, I'd buy ALL of them, but I'm really only asking for Selby, Bennett, Scott, and Briscoe at this point.