Author Topic: How to explain 1840 Angelique...?  (Read 9960 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: How to explain 1840 Angelique...?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
I only thought that Angelique was alerted to by Victoria in the Revival. I could be wrong.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
It was also in the original DS.  ;)  The Robservations summary from the end of Ep #474:

... It's 1:45AM. Cassandra comes downstairs, walking without difficulty, and stares at Barnabas' portrait. "So many years, Barnabas, and I would never have known that you're free from your chains if Victoria Winters had not come from the past. You think you have escaped me even now. You may walk in the sunlight today, but you have not escaped! No, Barnabas, in time, in time you will find the curse back with you again!"

Though shouldn't that have been "come to the past"?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »
Apparently I forgot about it in the original. I am getting ready to start 1968 so I will make note of it.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 08:00:29 PM »
Well, please - who can remember everything - especially after not having seen it in a while? That's the fun of watching DS - rediscovering what you've forgotten.  [b003]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
TRUE! My mom asked me the other day what I was doing. "Watching DS"  "Haven't you seen all of the episodes several times!" "YES MOM of course but I still enjoy them and it's like The Wizard of Oz I usually discover something new! Andbesides instead of two and half hours , there are 1225 original hours to watch!"  "Okay baby. I think I would get tired of it!" "MOM, I haven't gotten tired of  DS in 20 years, I am sure I will watch it till I die" "OH HONEY, I have no doubt! LOVE YOU!" 

LOL

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 10:53:14 PM »
I posted my theories on the Angelique timeline a few years ago, but it went something like this:

*SPOILERS*

1796 - She was sent back in time as punishment by the devil or Diabolos or whatever you want to call him (personally, I like Shirley), and destroyed by Barnabas and Ben

My theory here is that Angelique was revived by her master soon after these events.  As punishment failing, she had her memory of the future completely wiped

At some point after 1840, Angelique had her memory of the future restored

----

Since 1840 drastically (at least theoretically) altered history, Angelique is apparently dead in the new version of events.

That said, when did Angelique EVER stay dead?! ;)  For all we know, she made some new pact and was restored yet again. 

TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 11:02:29 PM »
Sorry for the double post.  Too late to edit.  I didn't include the "Miranda years" here. 

I figure Angelique is something of a reincarnation of Miranda, but retains memories of her life in the 1600s.  I haven't read
'The Salem Branch' yet, but I'm assuming Lara goes with that theory as well.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 11:51:28 PM »
Was she a reincarnation of Miranda?  I thought they mentioned that she was 150 years old at the beheading? She also mentioned that she was given safe passage out of America and in her words she said she went to Martinique and that is where she met Angelique. Of course we know this was a history rewrite (which of course DS did all the time and long lasting soaps do a lot today) if I am remembering correctly.  Don't they mention that Angelique's mother was a healer though in 1795!? 

Offline Nightfall59

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 12:52:54 AM »
Yes. Countess DuPres said she had given Angelique a job because her mother had had such a bad reputation and Angelique had seemed embarrassed of her, even though she visited her frequently. [chkyb] Natalie also recalled that Angelique had been a boring or unimaginative child. LOL!
"Not without you. NEVER without you."
Barnabas to Julia, 1970

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 12:58:22 AM »
Wasn't Angie mother also a servant of the Du Pres? I know she was in the Revival but I am blanking out on the original at the moment

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 09:02:55 AM »
there are 1225 original hours to watch!"

I'm sure you meant to say episodes.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
I did! Thanks. I think this was my last post after a couple hours of posting. ;)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2011, 10:01:01 AM »
In the beginning, Angelique's story started simple: she was born in Martinique in the late 1700s, learned voodoo from her mother, and went to Collinsport as a servant with the Dupres family.  From there she traveled through time to 1968 (although she may have had a few stops along the way that we didn't see), to 1897, and to 1970.

Then in 1840 we get an Angelique who began life in the late 1600s in the New England town where Judah Zachery did his evil deeds.  She went from New England to Martinique.  In 1795 she went, as she did originally, from Martinique to Collinsport as a servant with the Dupres family.  From 1790s Collinwood, however, she did not proceed to 1968.  Instead she plodded through time at the usual rate, apparently, to get to 1840.

What, in the Dark Shadows universe, caused this change?  I don't know, but I do know that the last time before 1840 in which we saw Angelique was a very interesting time for her: 1970.

At first in 1970, Angelique was happily married to Sky Rumson, and believed that Diabolos had kept his promise: if she could get a human to fall in love with her, then - oh, I can't remember the details, but she'd live happily ever after, or something.  Then she discovered that Sky was a willing part of a scheme of Diabolos (via special agent Nicholas Blair) involving some creatures – the Leviathans – that even Angelique thought were horrific.  Suddenly Angelique's on the side of the angels.  Very strange.  So she splits up with Sky and opposes the Leviathans, which kills the deal she had with Diabolos and also means that she must surely be on Diabolos’s bad side.  And yet she is still able to perform witchcraft!

We follow Barnabas from our time band into parallel time, and when we come back to our time band a few months later, Angelique is gone.  We get a mention from Quentin of the departure of Chris, Sabrina, and Amy, but he says nothing about Angelique leaving.

And that's as far as I'm going with this.  It appears to me there could have been a major upheaval between Diabolos and Angelique in 1970, leading to a change in the fundamental facts of her existence, and possibly a few other fundamental facts as well – but if there was such an upheaval, then we saw nothing of it and know nothing of the details.  So it's a big cloud that may not exist anyway, but it's the best that I can come up with.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2011, 02:49:59 PM »
You may just have summed the whole thing up perfectly, Lydia.   I'm still hoping for someone to convince me that Ang didn't time travel to get to 1968, though...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 01:49:50 AM »
Excellent post Lydia.  :)