Author Topic: TV's Top 10 Vamp-Tastic Series  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: TV's Top 10 Vamp-Tastic Series
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
Somehow, I think the author reversed the order, because on #1, he says "it was between this and the Munsters."  Well, if it were a decision like that, then the Munsters should slip into slot #2.  So, either the order is reversed, there is no order, or the author was running really close to his deadline.   [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 06:51:23 PM »
I just found some episodes of Young Dracula on YouTube and must say I am delighted!  What an utterly charming show!

For those of you who don't know, this is a Canadian series about Count Dracula having moved his family to a castle in England.  His son Vlad doesn't want to be a vampire, but a normal kid (his dark bangs remind me of someone <g> ), while his eldest daughter Ingrid is eagerly to grow fangs and start drinking the blood of "breathers."  She tells her father "You are a vicious, evil bully--and so am I but you won't see it!"  [ghost_cheesy]  Their mom ran off to be with a werewolf, but shows up now and then to make their unlives more complicated.

It is a children's series, but surprisingly sophisticated.

Anyway, this certainly would take the place of Kindred:The Embraced on my list.

I'm looking for episodes of Blood Ties now...

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »
I only watched the first episode of Blood Ties. I didn't care for it enough to keep watching, but it was okay.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 05:28:40 AM »
Here is a picture of the Count and his two kids from the show Young Dracula.  His reluctant son is the one on the right.  Doesn't his hair remind you of maybe another reluctant vampire?

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »
When peeps here wrote of Dracula: The Series - I thought it was referring to the storyline in that 70s series "Cliffhangers" which I LOVED...... [ghost_tongue2]

Talk about ghosts from the past!  [8_1_1]  I remember that show too!  Michael Nouri was Drac I believe -- and that was the best of the three segments by far.  LOL you bring back memories of watching that, esp the Secret Empire stuff that most people I know watched JUST to watch Mark Lenard.

Jeannie (whom life the universe and everything let go of long enough to post stuff again)

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
Something I missed from the 70s!   I didn't see much from Canada, though I remember the first Strange Paradise, and Starlost.  Mark Lenard was in this?   Egad, I want it!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 04:16:21 AM »
Something I missed from the 70s!   I didn't see much from Canada, though I remember the first Strange Paradise, and Starlost.  Mark Lenard was in this?   Egad, I want it!

This wasn't from Canada, a la Strange Paradise.  It was one of those extravaganza things, backed bigtime by (If memory serves me correctly), Brandon Tartikoff, when he worked for NBC.  There were three series in each ep, and each one ended each week like the Saturday Morning serials, with a CLIFFHANGER (thus the name). 

LOL in a way you could say I have this, but not in a usable form.  Way back then I had a Videorecorder which I had gotten cheap   [signerror] -- turns out because it was a THIRD format that came out the same time as BETA, and was killed off by VHS waay before Beta.  I have a TON of stuff with the Trek actors back in the day, all stuck on this format (one inch tapes, and tapes that came in 3 types according to length of time on them.  Did I also mention that the Quazar tapes were the size of a LARGE hardcover book?   [eek]

Sigh, I wish I could watch some of that old stuff, esp the Mark Lenard guest starring stuff.  For a period of time there, it was a toss up whether he or Malachi Throne played more evil South American dictators on Mission: Impossible.   [lol2]

Then there was the Sunday morning show Insight, with one ep that had no less than FIVE Trek Guest Stars -- and Ephraim Zimbalist Jr. --  in an excellent ep called "The Day God Died".  That ep came to mind lately, and even has a DS connection to keep this SORT OF on topic.  The plot centered on the mid 60s question of whether God was dead, and the upshot (moral) of the piece was the holier than thou types were the ones who saw God in the coffin, and the only one in whom He was alive was the purported atheist, who was the only one living by the teachings of right and wrong.   Remind you of any REVERENDS we all know and hate?   [devil] [firedevil]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics