Author Topic: DS Redux: Your Vision?  (Read 28963 times)

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DS Redux: Your Vision?
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2008, 06:29:00 AM »
Me likes the idea of the Juggins!

Okay, does this mean Sabrina Juggins is having an affair with the older and distinguished David Collins?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2008, 01:15:26 PM »
More likely a Sabrina-like triangle between two of David's sons "Edward" and "Quentin"  [hall2_wink]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
Brings up an interesting thought about dramatic possibilities.  [hall_wink]

David Collins had these kids.  Who's their mom?  And is she still around?  If not, why not?  If yes, what is she like?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »
if she is around, I'd like her to be a Krystal Carrington.  Sort of like Vickie was in the OS, the straight one, the one everyone likes, the stable one, not a victim, but an innocent.  I think the series will need some non-supernatural plots and characters that have no secrets or ulterior motives.  She can be one of those.  In fact, what is Linda Evans doing these days? would she be too old to play the Collins Matriarch?

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2008, 04:42:50 AM »
I am a HUGE Dynasty FAN...BTW

Linda Evans was born on November 18, 1942. The last thing she did was a play with Joan Collins. So that would make her almost 68 eight years old..

Quick Dark Shadows connection (Which course I am sure most of you know) KLS played a British woman in the 1st season of Dynasty, who sleeps with Michael the driver.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2008, 06:26:07 AM »
As I recall, David was born around 1960.  So his wife needs to be born somewhere in the chronological vicinity.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »
David Collins was 9 in 1966.  Henesy was born in 1956.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2008, 08:58:58 PM »
Well, David could have fallen in love and married an older blonde woman that reminded him of his mother [spoiler]in happier and less infamatory times[/spoiler]
 [hall2_grin]

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
An interesting thought occurred to me...

In both Twilight and True Blood there is something of a triangle between a Vampire, A Werewolf (or something like one) and a girl they both love.  Frankly, DS dipped its toe in the same plot direction vis-a-vis Maggie/Barnabas/Quentin.  But might not a new DS do something similar?  For that matter, the same thing also happened in Underworld.  Hmmmmm....

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »
a triangle between a Vampire, A Werewolf (or something like one) and a girl they both love.
Tom, Chris, and Joe, maybe?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2008, 07:26:56 PM »
Apologies if this has been mooted before, but something that occurred to me recently is Victoria Winters Clark. 

She [spoiler]married a man that doesn't exist and then she herself vanished into thin air.[/spoiler] Now I understand that any investigation of her disappearance wouldn't begin 30 odd years later, but when you think about some, someone would have missed her (Mrs. Hopewell, her friends/coworkers at the foundling home, maybe some of the children she was close to).  Also, after a few years of not paying income tax, the IRS would certainly want to know where she was.  The of course there would be the people of Collinsport, the minister who married her and Jeff, blood tests and marriage licenses, people who even just knew her as the Collins boy's governess.

Perhaps a storyline in a new DS could deal with that in some way, perhaps a child at the foundling home remembered her and years later is trying to find out what happened to her.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2009, 12:56:30 AM »
Changing gears for a sec.  In the Depp movie will the old tried and true "Cousin from England" story work in this high tec world on 2009, if they choose to go that route!  Perhaps...Barnabas can create false documents!  Kind of been pondering this for a while! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2009, 06:03:11 AM »
This person has some interesting (and not so interesting) casting ideas:

Johnny Depp's Dark Shadows movie
(Rachel Griffiths is an excellent actress, but she's definitely too old to play Carolyn - well, unless Carolyn becomes years older than Vicki...)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
Haha, Rachel Griffiths actually played Johnny Depp's mother in the film Blow (of course she had age makeup, though- she was portraying a character over the course of 30 or 40 years, and looked her age when Johnny's character was a child.  Still a funny choice, though).  Freddie Highmore is way too old to play David- he's 17!  And I assume she means Ralph Fiennes and Amy Adams.  Adams is a very interesting choice to play Angelique- I have usually seen her being overly sweet and innocent (Junebug, Enchanted) but somehow I could envision her as an evil witch.  Emma Thompson as Dr. Hoffman is pretty interesting, too.  I haven't heard of some of the others, so I can't comment.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2009, 08:17:03 PM »
Haha, Rachel Griffiths actually played Johnny Depp's mother in the film Blow

Funny you should mention that because last week there were reports that Hope Davis was very upset because she was offered a role as Depp's mother (but turned it down) - and she's a year younger than Depp. One article (Dog Years: Why Movie Moms Are The Same Age As Their Sons [Thirty Is The New Sixty]) also pointed out how Angelina Jolie is only a year older than Colin Farrell, yet she played his mother in Alexander. That got me to thinking. British fans want to see Depp and Jolie in a film together - so (in light of that article), perhaps the perfect thing would be for Jolie to play Naomi to Depp's Barnabas. Right?  [easter_wink]  And maybe Tim Burton is even considering that at this very minute.  [easter_cheesy]