Author Topic: Any Good DS image galleries online?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline chocolatevampire

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Any Good DS image galleries online?
« on: March 28, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »
Hello. I'd been surfing the web trying to get some DS pictures. I've seen a lot of dorky webpages and small blurry images. Any good ones you all know of? There is one page that I can't remember the name of but the address doesn't have anything to do with DS. The main page has a large, spooky image of a ship beached and laying on its side and has links to sections of the site with good images. 'Craigy's' website had a link to it I think, but his page is f'ed up and none of the links on his website at prodigy work because they are all to pages at xoom. I wish people would be better at fixing their pages.

Thank You
:-)

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
Re: Any Good DS image galleries online?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 12:49:37 AM »
I'm not sure which website you're talking about, but this one has a slew of good images courtesy of a
couple of my friends:

http://www.geocities.com/darkshadowscaps/caps

:) ~DJ

Offline chocolatevampire

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 06:32:18 AM »
Thank You for the link. Any others? I think one of the links on that 'craigy's' page was 'The Blue Whale' none of his links work, by that I mean his main page works but none of the links to his other pages do. I don't want his main page I want his links one, but I don't know how to view it.

http://pages.prodigy.net/craigy/home.html is the main page. Yet in the lower corner frame you can't click on links, or anything else and get to a working page.

I don't know how else to get the link to that DS page with the ship on it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »
I wish people would be better at fixing their pages.

Maintaining a Web site can often be a lot more work than someone might initially realize. Of course, that's not necessarily an excuse for not maintaining it, but in some instances people simply fold under the responsibility, they wish they could devote more time to it but that's no longer possible due to other more pressing commitments (like real life), or they merely lose interest after a time - and rather than up and delete the entire site, they'll leave the work they've already put into it for anyone who might be interested. Unfortunately, though, that might also mean that parts of the site that originally worked might no longer when situations outside the site change (like, say, a site that was linked to is shut down).

I know Craig, so in his case I can definitely say that it's more of a case that real life issues have prevented him from devoting more time...

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:09:20 AM »
An exhaustive list of DS links with descriptions:

http://darkshadows.fashionstate.com/

you'll probably find what you're looking for there -

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:02:29 PM »
Wow, that IS a great resource, retzev.

chocolatevampire, regarding the site with the beached ship, I can't say that I recall seeing it, sorry.

And welcome to the Forums!

Offline chocolatevampire

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 01:20:55 AM »
An exhaustive list of DS links with descriptions:

http://darkshadows.fashionstate.com/

you'll probably find what you're looking for there -

Nope.

Good site though.

I guess I'll just continue until I can get that working link to craigy's links page. I am certain that is the page with the link I want. Some links on other sites to craigy's do not work.

Can anyone do screen caps?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 06:55:18 AM »
I guess I'll just continue until I can get that working link to craigy's links page. I am certain that is the page with the link I want. Some links on other sites to craigy's do not work.

This is the info retrieved for Craigy's DS Links page on members.xoom:  The page you requested has not been archived.  A few of his other DS pages are cached, but most are gone, sorry.