Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1163  (Read 1002 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1163
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:58:05 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1163
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:17:42 AM »
It's great to see Roxanne again!  She starts out so unpromising in her 1970 parallel time self, and by now she's terrifically interesting.  I've never sat down and figured out how she became a vampire in the original 1840 because I'm too busy enjoying the complete illogicality of the facts with which we are presented.

And it's always a pleasure to hear Joan Bennett say the word "séance", with the French n, in that theatrical voice of hers.

Jeremy Grimes sure is different from his father and sister, isn't he?  I was surprised to see him looking so happy when his older sister has just been murdered - and golly, the fact that she was killed in Quentin's cell really ought to have him thinking hard - but I guess all he knows is he's a teenager in love.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »
Jeremy and Carrie really are sweet together, aren't they. Maybe Jeremy, with his sunny good nature, takes after his (apparently long-dead) mother.

It's always a pleasure to hear Joan Bennett say almost anything, whether with a French "n" or not. Michelle Pfeiffer will have a tough act to follow.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »
Drat--almost committed a spoiler here. But all's well now that I've discovered the "Modify" button!  [snow_blush]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
It's hard to buy a crowd around Rose Cottage, somehow.

New data:  Ben's son is (was) Amos Stokes.   His wife and Carrie's mother was Martha Bradbury.   Mordecai and Amos both vied for her.   I guess Martha had that special something that attracts Thayer David-ish men.   Actually, Carrie and Jeremy might want to get a blood test, before considering any big, new steps in their lives...

Flora re vampire in their midst:  "Whoever attacked Roxanne could have been living in 1797!"   That's like saying today:   So and so who's alive now could have been alive as far back as 1966!!   Half this board was!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »
It's hard to buy a crowd around Rose Cottage, somehow.

Somebody put on a record of "Angry Mob" sound effects. I haveway expected to hear, "Somebody get a rope!" It would have been more effective if there were a couple rocks thrown at the windows.

I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.