Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1161  (Read 902 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1161
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:58:05 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1161
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 01:05:13 AM »
Dawson's so proud of having snatched Mildred's scarf in anticipation of his master's wishes.   Gerard should give Charles a nice, big Satanic doggie treat....   Mildred's shadow seems to fall symbolically, through the possibly anachronistically translucent jail door window, though she won't be stricken until a little later.   You can use a person (Edith) as a voodoo doll?   And if Edith passed out from it, how can she not have been hurt by it?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:51:14 AM »
Dawson's so proud of having snatched Mildred's scarf in anticipation of his master's wishes.
I wanted to know how Dawson was so sure that the scarf belonged to Mildred.  Did he snatch it off of her neck?

You can use a person (Edith) as a voodoo doll?   And if Edith passed out from it, how can she not have been hurt by it?
I have no trouble believing that a real live person can be used as a voodoo doll and that the real live person will suffer no ill effects.  What is bothering me is why anybody would want to use a real live person.  Surely a little doll is more convenient.  Judah/Gerard may enjoy exerting his power over Edith, but I would think that most of the fun would be lost if Edith isn't going to remember it.

I'm sure I heard Samantha say "Mordecry Grimes" today instead of "Mordecai Grimes".  And I was sure I heard it the other day, though I can't remember who said it.  It's nice nickname for Mordecai, I think.

I'm sorry to see Mildred die - or anyway, I assume she's dead now.  I can't imagine Judah/Gerard bungling the job.  It was fun to watch, but Mildred alive was fun to watch, too.  And I did so want to see father Mordecai and daughter Mildred together!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:44:54 PM »
Yes, it would have been fun to see father and daughter together. I imagine that if Mildred had lived to a ripe old age, she would have turned out just like Dear Old Dad. The voodoo/death sequence was very well done. I suppose Gerard used the real live Edith just because he can and because it will bind her to him even more stringently.

Poor Desmond--he's the only rational person at Collinwood now. But it's always great fun to see Samantha, Gabriel and Edith squabbling.

This is one of several episodes in a row where Quentin casts a handsome shadow profile on the wall of his cell.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
I love how Edith continues to push Gabriel's buttons. She better knock it off, though.

I rather enjoyed how Desmond told Sammy to use her energy to help Quentin instead of hating him.

And once again we have the poor, innocent slob beside the dead body. And Quentin should have disposed of that witchy ring of his weeks ago. What a boob.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Funny how up until the 1840 storyline nobody said anything about the Devil's sign.  Oh, well, fashions come, fashions go.