Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1160  (Read 921 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1160
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1160
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
Flora must have taken another trip to Boston.  If she had been at home at Rose Cottage, no force on earth could have stopped her from rushing to Collinwood to offer tearful and effusive lamentations and condolences the very second she heard of Daniel's death.

I was a little surprised that Samantha didn't notice the rumpled state of the afghan in Gabriel's lap when she came to the Tower room, but then I decided that maybe she didn't want to notice it lest Gabriel start talking about what might be going on underneath the afghan.

I wish Desmond had stood fast against Samantha and Gabriel.  Of course he wasn't going to; the drama had to be swept forward - but I hate to see Desmond looking so weak.

Is there anything good to be said about Gabriel at this point?  Is there any redeeming facet to his character?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 08:22:16 PM »
Samantha failed to notice not only the rumpled afghan but also that the door she had left open behind her was closed when she returned.

Poor Daniel. When he came to Colinwood back in 1796 he was spirited and adventurous. The change in him, so well portrayed by Louis Edmonds, was so sad to see.

Maybe because he's only a cousin of some sort--perhaps Flora married a cousin of Daniel's and that's why Demond called him "Uncle Daniel"--anyway, I'm sure the family has made Desmond feel like a poor relation and his opinion not worth considering. He certainly doesn't have any authority to back him up against Samantha and Gabriel.

Edith has certainly taken the gloves off--and lots more too for Gerard.  [snow_wink]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 08:31:35 PM »
Oops--meant to say that Edith took the gloves off with Gabriel but lots more for Gerard.  [snow_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
I suppose one thing can be said for Gabriel:  after Daniel accused him of not being a fighter, and of not struggling to walk again, Gabriel showed that he had probably been doing just that.   He could not walk easily (at this point) but did so.   Of course, a few minutes later it looks a lot easier for him to walk-- the director's fault for not informing CP exactly what state Gabriel was supposed to be in, maybe.

Storm in the VO says Gerard told Gabriel the latter would inherit, but I think Gerard really just didn't deny Gabriel's ridiculous assumption that he'd inherit.

What do you know, Gabriel didn't kill Daniel.   Or his working legs did.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »
I wish Desmond had stood fast against Samantha and Gabriel.  Of course he wasn't going to; the drama had to be swept forward - but I hate to see Desmond looking so weak.

I’ve been wondering myself about Desmond. Why did he give up the study of law? He’s traveled the world. Is he wealthy?

Whatever happened to Gabriel’s stress ball?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
Desmond may not be wealthy, but he has a doting mother who is apparently a very successful author.  Desmond doesn't need to worry about money.