Author Topic: In The Shadows  (Read 2724 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re: In The Shadows
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 08:13:44 AM »
i don't know maybe they would have wrecked our old show but it would have been
nice to see the pilot to judge!
isthere a horror channel yet?
wish SciFi would bring the show back!
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2004, 03:37:06 PM »
I understand the target premiere date for the new horror channel is Halloween.......

But the REAL question will be which Cable services make it available...... ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2004, 03:43:02 PM »
i don't know maybe they would have wrecked our old show but it would have been
nice to see the pilot to judge!
isthere a horror channel yet?
wish SciFi would bring the show back!

It depends who you ask. Wells, Curtis, and the writer at the creature-corner website all said that the pilot is real good. Of course if you ask Ancier nothing in the pilot is salvageable although he would show the pilot on the WB- he needs to cut down on smoking that illegal stuff in California. lol
Yes I would love to see the pilot but also with the score and special effects included. The pilot is suppose to be screened at the Fest next month.

The Horror Channel seems to be agressively pursuing the classic DS series although the official website of DS is still asking us to send letters of support to Soapnet. Not sure what is going on with that.

I do not think the new DS will wind up on the Sci-Fi Channel. They seem to brag that its new programming only consist of "original" shows. Also who knows if there is any bad blood left over when that channel cancelled DS with only a few episodes left in its run?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2004, 03:58:32 PM »
The pilot is suppose to be screened at the Fest next month.

Apparently only a preview.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2004, 04:02:51 PM »
Apparently only a preview.

Thanks. I would prefer to see the entire pilot on a network.

p.s.
Hope Kristin will not be at the Fest unless you want to invite her. lol.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2004, 05:11:57 PM »
I do not think the new DS will wind up on the Sci-Fi Channel. They seem to brag that its new programming only consist of "original" shows. Also who knows if there is any bad blood left over when that channel cancelled DS with only a few episodes left in its run?

Appropo of nothing DS....am I the only one here who finds it very amusing that the Sci Fi channel does not have the rights to the single most successful television franchise in history....the Mother of all Sci Fi programs......the Holy Grail of fan-driven success stories......Star Trek?

Goddess, it must stick in their collective craw that Spike TV owns that one!!!

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2004, 06:55:41 PM »
The WB=pretty people only need apply for jobs here. A young women where I work didn't think she could go see A Beautiful Mind because Russell Crowe didn't look attractive enough! This is a young gal raised on Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Julie Roberts, etc.  I've said from the beginning, TV is basically written for a generation of young American's who are putting looks ahead of most else in their viewing choices.

I went over to BarnabusUnDead.Com website where they have a picture of one of the actors from the new series in makeup.  Wow!   It's possible that a series like the new DS could be produced in a country like England.  They seem so much more in tune to accepting actors that aren't drop dead gorgeous in terrific storylines. It's okay to be over 25 and still have a life.

Now that Frazier is gone and Everyone Love's Raymond is leaving next year, I can see the Kelly Ripa type comedies taking over.  Sorry to say, I think that American TV is on it's death bed. It's really depressing that there is so little out there anymore.  At least for my generation.

One more thing! I've noticed on a lot of TV today that it's so geared towards children that the practically non-existent adults in the show have been delegated to just standing around twiddling their thumbs in the background while the kids resolve all the problems in the home.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2004, 07:46:28 PM »
A young women where I work didn't think she could go see A Beautiful Mind because Russell Crowe didn't look attractive enough!

It's probably just as well, Miss Winthrop....if she could think that, she probably wouldn't have been able to understand the story of "A Beautiful Mind" anyway....... ::)

Dylan Thomas