Author Topic: The March 12th Episodes  (Read 733 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The March 12th Episodes
« on: March 13, 2006, 12:53:54 AM »
A few things about the March 12th episodes:

I'd completely forgotten that in Ep #708 Quentin mentions that Evan Hanley has an "extravagant" wife. How strange that they never seem to reference this wife ever again or even give the slightest hint that Evan is married.  :-   Apparently the wife and her extravangances were simply a convenient way to get Evan to agree to help change Edith's will and that's the only point her existence served.

It's always frustrating whenever DS plays fast and loose with the rules of what vampires' victims can and cannot do just to facilitate a plot point. Such is the case in Ep #969 when Sky is conveniently able to tell Barnabas where Megan has hidden her coffin, even though a vampire's victim shouldn't really be able to impart such info. In fact, Sky shouldn't really have been sharing his victimization with Barnabas at all, much less revealing Megan's hiding place.  ::)  It's really unfortunate that the writers couldn't have come up with another way for Barnabas to find out where Megan had gone...

And finally, for those of you who once again know who you are ( ;D), here's a link to the past posting of Jeb's honeymoon scene:
you know that you want these (Part2)
Enjoy!  [wink2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: The March 12th Episodes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 02:35:15 AM »
Those of us who know who we are, thank you!

The Secret of the Naga lives on...

I've watched the current series of Leviathan shows several times and I'm always bothered by what you mention about Sky's behavior, as well.  Just sloppy writing.

I can also recall seeing the show in which Evan's wife was mentioned and wondering where the Hell she is for the rest of 1897?  She could have been a great character...

Best, Steve

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: The March 12th Episodes
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:42:18 PM »
I can also recall seeing the show in which Evan's wife was mentioned and wondering where the Hell she is for the rest of 1897?  She could have been a great character...

Yeah, what's up w/that anyway!?  Hey, they could have gotten Alexandra to play her and make her as evil as Evan was.  ;)

I agree MB w/the sloppy writing, it's REALLY infuriating sometimes!  Even though I usually just roll my eyes and remind myself WHY I love DS, I can't help but get frustrated w/plot inconsistancies.  Case in point [spoiler]when Barnabas discover's Pansy's lifeless body in the drawing room of the Old House at the end of one ep, she just has the bloody fang marks, letting all of us know that she was killed by a vampire, Dirk in this case.  But then in the next day's ep's teaser, she has a rope around her neck as well as the fang marks, suggessting that she was instead strangled to death, THEN drained of blood.  This of course would explain why she never rose as a vampire and instead is a ghost who torments Carl until he's killed.[/spoiler]  It makes one wonder why they couldn't just get it right the first time!!   ::)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"