Author Topic: Guthrie's Curse  (Read 705 times)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Guthrie's Curse
« on: May 22, 2003, 04:41:08 AM »
Way back in 1967, before Barnabas Collins came along, a parapsychologiust named Dr. Guthrie investigated Laura Collins and died in a fiery car crash when he learned too much.  Today, an investigator called Inspector Guthrie attempted to dig into Jeb's secrets and paid with his life.  Are all Guthries who set foot in Collinsport doomed? Did the writers have something against somebody with this name?  I wonder...

ProfStokes

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Guthrie's Curse
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 06:09:49 AM »
Are all Guthries who set foot in Collinsport doomed? Did the writers have something against somebody with this name?  I wonder...

Hmmm - I've never put that together - but now that you mention it, it DOES make you wonder. But I think the only person at this point who's still left from the 1967 Dr. Guthrie days who had/has input into the storylines is DC. That fact can really make you wonder...

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:Guthrie's Curse
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 11:04:58 PM »
 ::) How amazing that you picked up on that!! It never occurred to me to link the names. Actually I tend to forget a character's name if he is on for such a short time. But it is really interesting that the same name was used-------it seems that the writers try to come up with some typically New England names. Guthrie must be one!! Either that, or it's a family business.GUTHRIE AND SON(S)
                                                            Misty

" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!