Author Topic: Tornadoes in Collinsport  (Read 799 times)

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
Tornadoes in Collinsport
« on: March 28, 2005, 11:14:26 PM »
Good Day, Lovely Cousins! :-*
It is tornado season in Collinsport. Who do you think would survive the tornadoes and which
structure should be rebuilt after the tornadoes have passed from Collinsport?
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Tornadoes in Collinsport
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 04:26:58 AM »
When HarperCollins launched their series of novels, with Lara Parker and Mark providing the first two (and only) published submissions (we won't count SE Hinton's book here), I wrote my own DS novel hoping that maybe HarperCollins would accept it.  It was a where-are-they-today book, set around 2000.  I had a massive hurricane hit Collinsport in my tawdry little tale.  Regarding Collinwood, the entire estate, I had the damage pretty well limited, but enough to cause the insurance company to moan and groan.  The glass-walled natatorium was nothing but shards (David's wife had had the entire estate restored); windows in the Main House had blown out, flooding several rooms, including the drawing room, and at the Old House where a retired Barnabas and Willie lived (by now it had electricity, plumbing, a modern kitchen, phones and a satellite dish on the roof, plus Barnabas used the internet on his computer), windows in the ball room opposite the drawing room had imploded, flooding that chamber.  What fun that was!  It was like Dan Curtis meets Irwin Allen.

Gerard

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:52:17 AM »
Oooo!  I'd love to read it.   ;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 07:43:04 AM »
Probably the safest place in a tornado would be the secret room in the mausoleum.  Barnabas, Julia and all the main characters would have to squeeze in there.  Afterward, Julia would have to hypnotize each of them to erase their memories of the secret room. ;D

Countess

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 12:31:35 AM »
Since Collinsport is by the ocean, wouldn't they have hurricanes instead of tornados?
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.