Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0518  (Read 1176 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0518
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0518
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
Poor Sam, such a sad and undeserved fate. He will be missed. [ghost_sad]

Felt really bad for Maggie too. She really loved her Pop. And she knows she blundered by attacking Adam with a hammer. She must really feel guilty.

Damn that Cassandra! [ghost_angry]

It was nice to see Professor Stokes befriend Adam, talking to him gently, offering him food and shelter, even to teach him. Now THAT is how one should treat a man-made creation! [ghost_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »
I'm trying to remember if we've seen any proof yet that Stokes is a good guy.  Yes, he's fighting Cassandra - but there is no honor among villains.  He may be befriending Adam for some nefarious purpose of his own.

I hate hospitals.  Well, I'm not the only one; lots of people hate hospitals.  But it occurred to me today that the reason I disliked the scene in which Maggie grieved for her father had nothing to do with it being standard soap opera fare and everything to do with the background.  The corridor looks so little like a hospital to me that it hadn't occurred to me before - but the folded up wheelchair brought back memories.  So maybe it wasn't such a bad scene.  Sam had earned some mourning.  I just wish it had taken place at the Evans cottage.

How many people, over the years, die so that Barnabas can live?  I'm not saying that Sam died so that Barnabas could live.  I just started thinking about it as he was dying.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:06 AM »
Sam died in this episode - a senseless, unnecessary, sad death. [ghost_sad] [cryg]  I hate what Cassandra/Angelique did to him! [ghost_mad]

When I watched Prof. Stokes simply walk into the Evans cottage with nobody home, it occurred to me that things were much different in those days. We always lock the door when we leave nowadays[ghost_shocked] I remember when I was growing up, the doors would always be unlocked during the day, and my father used to lock up at night. [ghost_wink] (Of course, maybe the door was unlocked because of all the commotion happening around Sam's injury, and Maggie totally forgot to lock the door.)  [signerror]

I was glad to see Prof. Stokes befriend Adam. [ghost_grin]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 11:21:01 AM »
It would have been fun to see Stokes climb through a window.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 06:07:05 AM »
Is it a gaffe when Sam Ford rises up in the bed and begins gesticulating with his finger (the character is supposed to be asleep) as Vickie and Maggie are exiting the room?  It almost looks as if he's scolding someone off screen, perhaps not realizing that the camera is still on him.

Did anyone else notice this?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 05:50:48 PM »
It would definitely be a gaffe. He's not gesticulating to Stokes and Maggie, who are in the process of leaving the room, anyway - and no one else is supposed to be in the room.  [ghost_wink]