Author Topic: Hottest Kisses on DS  (Read 9348 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Hottest Kisses on DS
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2005, 08:50:45 PM »
I often thought that Angelique's curse prevented Barnabas from making any moves on the good doctor.  With the others, he only lost a lover; with Julia he stood to lose a lover AND a best friend - much higher stakes.  Is he willing to gamble?  Can he stand to live without her?  This quandary would have made for an interesting storyline.

Actually, the issue of Julia and Angelique's curse is already a huge quandry in and of itself because the curse states that anyone who loves Barnabas would die - not necessarily anyone that he loved. Julia's love for Barnabas is quite evident, so by rights she should have died. Trying to justify why she didn't has provoked many interesting debates through the years.

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2005, 12:19:18 AM »
Actually, the issue of Julia and Angelique's curse is already a huge quandry in and of itself because the curse states that anyone who loves Barnabas would die - not necessarily anyone that he loved. Julia's love for Barnabas is quite evident, so by rights she should have died. Trying to justify why she didn't has provoked many interesting debates through the years.

Even Angelique died from the curse she placed on Barnabas, but she actually said the words I love you to Barnabas.

So in regards to Julia. I always thought that perhaps the curse had no effect on Julia because she never actually came right out and told Barnabas I love you.

Just a theory.

Although the real reason was that Dan Curtis wasn't about to kill Grayson Hall's Julia character off the show . Sam Hall talked about that in one of the DVD's interviews.

FireRose

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2005, 02:24:30 AM »
I don't know, in the Julia/Barnabas kiss .gif they he looks very uncomfortable, or is that the point??

BTW, I think I have read that when they were rehearsing love scenes on DS, Jonathan would say in rehearsal, and then we kiss here, right, instead of actually rehearsing the kiss.  Still that technique did not hurt, especially in his kissing scenes with Lara and some with KLS.

I would say that to me the hottest kisses on DS were the two passionate ones between Barnabas and Angelique in 1795, and most of the Bramwell/Catherine kisses in 1841PT.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 02:27:56 AM »
Then there was that infamous kiss in 1795 between ex-lovers Barnabas and Angelique that started the decline and fall of Barnabas Collins.

I can't recall if there was another (last) kiss between them in 1840, though I want to remember it that way. Considering the circumstances, I imagine it would have been pretty passionate
Actually the last kiss between them was when Barnabas kissed his dead wife Angelique, it was a sweet, poignant, and oh, so sad kiss.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2005, 01:20:16 PM »
Being a fan of quentin collins
i think he gave the hottest kisses,they were so soft
and yummy   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Ah!  Finally a voice of reason.  (amidst a plethora of Barnabas mumbo jumbo)   8)

Don't get me wrong - I love ole Barn.  But his "kissing" can't compare to that of Quentin.... IMHO.

;)
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2005, 04:10:34 PM »
oh my!  one goes to seattle for a few days and see what erupts!  I was originally gonna post. .it wasn't an official "kiss" but when Tom and Julia meet in the woods and then again in that crypt. . those were some fairly juicy scenes. . . And as Countess said. . i always wonder. .well Sam was the writer, Grayson was known for her off-b'way sexual antics.  .how interesting NONE of Julia's characters got romance ..(Oh yeah Magda hugged Sandor and called him her Big Fat Hero but i think that was a grayson ad lib). .

And as to the other area this thread went to--I don't know if B & J would've ended up together. .Sam Hall's article notwithstanding. . Dan Curtis seemed to have definite ideas about the Julia Hoffman character. . .what Sam suggested, DC didn't follow suit, e.g. "killing off Julia". . DC flatly rejected that idea (or so we're told).  .And was there more between them?  I know there was a lot Grayson was projecting but honestly i've watched and since Frid had such difficulty with his lines, he missed some golden opportunities with projection and intention but there are moments when you know Julia means more than he's willing to say but is it that she's now like the sister he lost or something else?  It's hard to dissect since Julia didn't interact with any other men in that way (other than TJ and there was the vampire complication which B would understandably object to)---so its fodder for discussion groups like this . .and elsewhere.  I DO think there is room for discussion, i don't think is clear cut one way or the other---
Julia99

Offline Maybellique

• Full Poster
  • To HELL with canon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 04:47:44 PM »
    I haven't seen any "hot" kisses on Dark Shadows. Then again, I'm biased. Being from a generation of "90210" and "Melrose Place", how can I consider anything but the slutty, salacious kisses exchanged there "hot".

I always wanted to see John Karlen kiss, and when I finally did, I'm sad to say I was disappointed. The kisses I've seen thus far that he had with Nancy Barrett were very awkward. It's like they weren't on the same page. One of them even seemed as if Nancy was taking it a lot further than JK was willing to.

I haven't seen Barnabas and Josette kiss, but I'd like to. :) They could have been sweet as man and wife... if he hadn't cheated on her.  :P ~DJ

Offline Countess

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2005, 05:29:03 AM »
And as Countess said. . i always wonder. .well Sam was the writer, Grayson was known for her off-b'way sexual antics. 

Whoa!  Did I miss a dicsussion along the way Julia99?  What sexual antics are you speaking about? >:D  Details!  I need details!  Glad you're back from Seattle to shed some light on this subject. ;)

Countess

Offline cool_splash1

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2005, 07:49:22 PM »
that scene with Barnabas and Roxanne was damn intense.  I thought they would go the floor the way they were making out.lol

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 10:44:18 PM »
Joe and Maggie had the most realistic kisses I think. Kudos to Joel Crothers and Kathryn Leigh Scott, they really made you believe their characters were truly in love.

Offline bluefielder

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 01:38:42 AM »
I remember the kiss between Jeremiah (Anthony George) and Josette (Kathryn Leigh Scott) while being under Angelique's spell being very hot.  I remember Natalie (Grayson Hall) watching this from the bushes and making so much noise I just lost it.  Does anyone else remember this or am I suffering from faulty DS memory syndrome?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 03:13:31 AM »
You're not imagining things, bluefielder. That kiss between Jeremiah and Josette kissing with Natalie viewing it from the bushes did indeed happen.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »
I personally think that David Selby gave the best kisses but I am biased.  LOL  I am not too fond of on screen kissing in those days.  It was more like smooshing!  However, I also do think Joel and KLS kisses were good. And again I think that David Selby gave good kisses. I sure wouldn't have minded a Q kiss! ;)  I really also liked the kiss that he and CharPansy shared, at the end of "I Wanna Dance With You",  it was nice. :)  Not too smooshy! [easter_kiss]

I enjoyed the kissing between Jeremiah and Josette '91 very much!  WHEW!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 12:28:40 AM »
I think the best smoocher is Quentin.
The absolute worst is faux Burke and Vickie. Watching their scenes together, one has a sense that the actors are way uncomfortable with one another. Every time I watch these scenes, I get the feeling that Alex Moltke is repulsed by Anthony, whatever the hell his name is.
I've recently read a bio on Jimmy Cagney and he said that Anthony George was a mess. It shows. I think he does a nice job as Jeremiah, but this actor doesn't hold a candle to Mitch Ryan's Burke.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:57 AM »
I agree JTW and I meant to mention that Alexandra looked repulsed and was not convincing at all.  Did we ever get a kiss between Mitch and Alex???....I can't recall at the moment.  A mess in what way???
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/