Author Topic: grayson hall film showing  (Read 722 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
grayson hall film showing
« on: February 15, 2007, 01:52:19 AM »
the museum of the moving image in astoria,n.y. is having an exhibit called the "fashion in film festival" that runs from march 15-25.

on saturday,march 24th there will be a one time only screening of the 1966 film "who are you,polly maggoo?" at 7:00pm.
most of you know this film stars our favorite lady doctor grayson hall.

for additional information call the museum at (718)784-0077.

i am so there!
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: grayson hall film showing
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »
Oh, you'll have a great time!  I saw it twice at the Museum of Modern Art when it was shown in conjunction with a Warhol-themed Sixties show.

Just to let you know, Grayson comes on in the beginning, and then about 45 minutes go by before her next scene.  I think she has four scenes altogether in the movie.  It's a very Sixties jumble of different stories that randomly intersect, sometimes in a very incoherent manner (this sort of thing is where Tarantino got the idea for the structure of Pulp Fiction).

A detail I happened to notice on one of the viewings (it was also shown twice at a film archive here in Boston) is that Grayson's cigarettes in the movie are Marlboros.  I don't know whether this is what she actually smoked in real life.

cheers, Steve

David

Re: grayson hall film showing
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 06:18:47 PM »
DAMN!
I'm suddenly wishing I hadn't left NYC!

To all those who attend the Museum of Moving Image screening, be sure to also check out the exhibits upstairs, which is great fun.

David