Author Topic: 1971 & Beyond!  (Read 948 times)

Offline Valerie Collins

• View Profile
1971 & Beyond!
« on: December 09, 2003, 03:34:46 AM »
I don't know why Barnabas, Julia, and Professor Stokes ever think of the harm they cause when they tamper with the timeline.  They did so much damage in 1840 that I don't know where to begin.

Edith shouldn't have died in 1840.  She originally died in 1897.

Angelique shouldn't have died in 1840 as a human.  That means that she couldn't exist after 1840 which means that a lot of the things that Angelique did as a witch Post 1840 didn't happen.

Angelique would have been alive if it wasn't for Barnabas having a romance with Roxanne which caused Trask to be jealous of Barnabas.  Plus it didn't help that he wanted revenge for his father's death.

Also, this means that Roxanne shouldn't have existed in the 1970 or 1970 PT time due to the fact that Roxanne died in 1840 which meant that she wouldn't have a PT counterpart for 1970.

Also, by Julia being in 1840 for a little while her presence created an 1841 PT counterpart.  So there shouldn't have been a Julia 1841 PT counterpart.

I guess the only good thing about 1840 means that Carl Collins should be alive in 1897 and be married to Pansy Faye.

Barnabas and Julia should have just concentrated on their mission and not get so caught up in the lives of the 1840 Collins family & townsfolk.  They changed way too much in 1840 that affected the future.

I think it would have been great if the producers & writers did a 1971 storyline that was about how so much got changed because of what they did in 1840.

Time travel stories are always tricky to do because it's so many details that writers have to remember in order not to cause conflict with stories that have already been written.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:1971 & Beyond!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 05:20:13 PM »
In the DS universe anything is truly possible. And if the writers didn'r want a particular previous event to have been changed because of something they'd done in a subsequent storyline, it wouldn't have - no matter how little sense it might have made to some members of the audience that it didn't.  [wink2]

The point is that when it came to the DS storyline's supernatural elements, it's usually best to simply go along for the ride. Don't get me wrong - questioning/disecting/reasoning/theorizing IS fun - some of the most fun a DS viewer can have with other fans. But in the end it's pretty impossible to figure out any absolute theory of what the rules were that the writers played by because 1) they played by/made up their own rules as they went along, and  2) it almost seems like their rules often changed to suit the individual stoylines. Trying to ultimately balance it all just seems to cause way too many headaches.  [lghy]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 09:54:46 PM »
Well if they hadn't gotten involved. .it would've been. .uh well, really really boring. . . .And i don't see how the actions of RT character have anything to do with PT characters except when they cross into that band. . .the PT Julia is just naming laziness on the part of the writers. . .
Julia99

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 09:56:10 PM »
it was simple fact that they never knew that Dark Shadows would  be in reruns and on tapes/DVD's.

So I am sure they didnt stress over things like that.  Which I think its annoying, but I am just thankful that i can have each show on DVD.

;D
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books