Author Topic: OT - AAAAAHHHHHH!!!  (Read 3354 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Re:OT - AAAAAHHHHHH!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2003, 03:25:28 PM »

More snow = More fun

Therefore, 2 feet of snow is two times the fun of only one foot.

;D

whatever you say sweetie but it does lead to a mother's worst nightmare(of the normal level) a SNOW DAY :o :o
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2003, 03:35:38 PM »
We got 18 inches (so the airport says) and NO snow day (hallelujah!)....just a 2-hour delayed opening....which is of no concern to me, but an even BIGGER headache for the working parents... :-
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2003, 03:47:02 PM »
Interesting, Rainey. We got 16 inches of snow (2 less than you) and the roads are all clear, but today is a snow day anyway. Go figure...

But from a teacher's POV, I'm not about to complain.  :D

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2003, 10:39:25 PM »
BTW, there's a sale on cucumbers at Shop Rite.
Bananas are half-price too.

Bananas turn brown and fall off!  [haironend] And have you ever seen what happens to a cucumber after it freeezes and thaws again?! It becomes a mushy, gushy, sloppy, floppy mess. Very inappropriate!!  :o  Not to mention, well, just plain YUCK!!

Only a carrot????

Don't know about the carrots Shop Rite might stock, but the supermarkets around here often sell carrots that are up to four inches round.  :D

Anxiously awaiting MB's snowman.

Well, don't hold your breath because you'll never see one posted on this forum. I'm afraid you and everone else will simply have to make do with a shot of my northeast view:

Between all the snow and the sky reflected on the water, It requires a bit of description, though, to tell what it is that you're actually seeing. And, yes, that house's southwest side IS practically buried in snow. (Lucky them!) And even though we live in New England, my other neighbor just recently put a terra cotta roof on his house. (I hope it made him feel nice and toasty to think he actually lived in California or New Mexico during the storm. I guess it might have worked so long as he didn't look or go outside. Even now the sight of it won't do him much good because at least three quarters of it is still buried under the snow cover.  [lghy])

Oh, and, Rainey:

I live in a city that's surrounded by water on three sides...and we don't have any rat problems. Can't really say that I've ever wondered why that is, though...

They probably can't afford the taxes on that water-front property...[smrtasb]

If they chose to, the rats could build their little rat dens (or whatever the hell they live in) under the trees and have pretty much all the actual shore property to themselves without having to worry too much about taxes because there's a four lane highway that runs north and south between the narrow tree covered shore and the fenced off dead ends of all our streets in the northeast side of the neighborhood. But I suppose they're getting a better deal elsewhere because not a one has ever surfaced as long as I've been here....

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2003, 11:05:43 PM »
Sorry, Pepe....but that image is just too hard to make out.

I'm afraid you're going to have to invite us all up to your place so we can look out that window ourselves and decide just how lucky you are to live so close to the water.  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2003, 11:20:27 PM »
After the snow clears I'll try to remember to post a view of the aftermath so everyone can see what a difference no snow really makes.  ;)

(But if the overly hysterical weather forcasters around here have their way, that might not be until spring because all they've been able to talk about since Friday is how this storm might have been an indicator that we'll be getting more snow than usual this winter.

But then, these are the same people who were out with their rulers measuring a two inch snowfall a few years back because we've had so little snow and they generally have nothing better to do!  ::))

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2003, 11:32:14 PM »
My favorite weather nonsense is the "Average Yearly Snowfall".

One year you get it in two massive storms in the month of February.....the next you get the same measurment by having flurries every weeknight for three months.

Which of those years is supposed to be average?  And who but a meteorologist would think of them as comparable?  :P
Dylan Thomas

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
MAJOR SNOWSTORM FOR US IN THE NORTHEAST AGAIN/OT
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2003, 08:03:27 PM »
Hello all just wanted to say we are to get 14 inches
to 24 inches of snow by tomorrow, ( around one
two feet of snow????)  Help!!!
               Love Anne ??? ??? ??? :o
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow