Author Topic: DS Festival Info Online  (Read 1380 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
DS Festival Info Online
« on: April 08, 2002, 07:49:42 AM »
Apologies if this has already been posted here.

The Dark Shadows Festival web site has been updated with registration information/forms:

http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS Festival Info Online
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 07:56:04 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 05:05:46 PM »
The Dark Shadows Festival web site has been updated with registration information/forms:

http://www.darkshadowsfestival.com

I clicked on the link and couldn't find any registration info or forms.  "Current News" only contained info about ordering DS calendars.  I couldn't find anything to click on re: the 2002 fest, and the only reference to it was contained in an article written after the 2001 fest (under "Dark Shadows Festival 2001"), which said to check later for details on the 2002 fest in Anaheim.

Was I looking for love in all the wrong places?  Or did I stumble on a 2002-PT link???   ?!?

Ben

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 05:21:08 PM »
Ben,

This is going to sound weird, but might be worth a try-- dump your IE cache, then try the page again.  There's a DS Festival 2002 link under "Current News".

I hope you've been practicing your wine opening technique, a la Roger Collins, to impress us all this summer. :)

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 02:11:47 AM »
There was really no helpful information about the 2002 festival.  No info on the dates, hotel, registration -- nothing.

>:(

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 02:38:29 AM »
It seems some people are having trouble viewing the updated festival site. I just checked and they do have hotel info/cost etc. I actually got my hotel reservation about 1 month ago.
What is nice is this year you can buy 2 for the price of one one weekend admission. That is really nice for families who are going.
Try checking again. It looks like everything is pretty much current.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2002, 02:42:49 AM »
I just checked.

Here is what it has for "READ CURRENT NEWS - CLICK HERE:"

LATEST NEWS:

ONLINE CHATS WITH THE STARS

The Dark Shadows Festival is teaming with MPI Home Video to present a series of online chats with the Dark Shadows stars in conjunction with the release of the original series on DVD. For a schedule and details on the chat sessions, please go to: www.mpihomevideo.com/darkshadows

2002 FESTIVAL VIDEO PROGRAMMING

Among the exclusive features to be screened at this year's Festival in Anaheim is a new Dark Shadows documentary, including commentary by Dan Curtis, the DS actors and several other well-known celebrities. A new interview with Alexandra Moltke (Victoria Winters) will also be seen, as well as recently discovered DS rehearsal footage and pretape segments with Lara Parker from 1970. In addition, lost outtakes from Night of Dark Shadows will be shown, and many more surprises!

PUBLICATIONS

The 2003 Dark Shadows Calendar will debut at the Anaheim Festival. The book Dark Shadows: The First Year (summary of episodes 1-209 plus dozens of rare photographs and documents) will be available later in the year.
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2002, 03:20:22 AM »
I just checked.

Here is what it has for "READ CURRENT NEWS - CLICK HERE:"

Oops.  Instead of "under 'Current News'", I should've said underNEATH it.  Just below the Current News link is a blue box that says "DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL 2002".  Click on that.  It'll take you to the Fest info, I promise!

Offline Daphne

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2002, 04:13:03 AM »
OT:  MsCriseyde, the link 2 ur David Selby site should be http://www.hometown.aol.com/davidselbysite....not the .. uhh ... way u have it...just 2 let ya know ;)

PS -- it's REEEEEALLY kewl!!!!! Must have taken a LOOOOOT of work!!! okay.....cya
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2002, 04:50:13 AM »

This is going to sound weird, but might be worth a try-- dump your IE cache, then try the page again.  There's a DS Festival 2002 link under "Current News".

I hope you've been practicing your wine opening technique, a la Roger Collins, to impress us all this summer. :)

Midnite, so far, I did find the DS Fest 2002 link, but it takes me back to the same article on the 2001 fest.  Weird forces at work, apparently, but I'll keep trying.

As for your second paragraph, you're really good at unearthing my obscure posts from prior boards!  Unfortunately, the only bar skills I have been practicing are playing the piano and polishing my brandy snifter.  I hope to have a couple of DS numbers ready -- as well as a Beatles medley, in case RingoCollins makes it this year.  And if the room is wide enough, I'll try to sway back and forth like Bruno ...

Ben
(who was thoroughly impressed by the over-the-top, Liza Minelli-style send-up of "Shadows of the Night" performed at last year's fest)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »
OT:  MsCriseyde, the link 2 ur David Selby site should be http://www.hometown.aol.com/davidselbysite....not the .. uhh ... way u have it...just 2 let ya know ;)

PS -- it's REEEEEALLY kewl!!!!! Must have taken a LOOOOOT of work!!! okay.....cya

No. The link to the site should be exactly the way I have it:

http://members.aol.com/davidselbysite

I'm not fond of all that AOL banner stuff that you get with the Hometown AOL url, so I never use it. The URL that I use eliminates that.

Seems silly to me to modify the URL in order to get advertising. I'd rather modify it to avoid it, but, hey, if you like it better with the advertising, don't let me spoil your fun.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)