Poll

What was your favorite Chris Pennock character?

Jebez Hawkes
3 (13%)
Cyrus Longsworth
3 (13%)
John Yeager
4 (17.4%)
Sebastian Shaw
3 (13%)
Gabriel Collins
9 (39.1%)
Gabriel Collins (PT 1841
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: April 15, 2006, 04:58:37 AM

Author Topic: Chris Pennock  (Read 923 times)

Offline TNickey2003

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Chris Pennock
« on: April 01, 2006, 04:58:37 AM »
New poll for DS.
Alex adores Maggie Evans

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Chris Pennock
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:47:18 AM »
GABRIEL! (1840, I don't really remember 1841PT)

He was just an awesome AWESOME villan.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 07:50:46 AM »
The only time I could take to him was in 1840.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 08:01:30 AM »
I really like Sebastian Shaw.  He has an amazing wardrobe, and is not only able to decipher the truths found in the stars to predict the future, but to live off of those skills in a creative way while maintaining his own values and integrity.

I think he and Roxanne were quite fascinating characters that really could have taken part in a good, nonrepetitive storyline if they were given a chance instead of just being pawns for the sequal to 1897. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
I love Dr. Longworth:  seemingly good, noble, and honest, yet wanting more out of his life than merely being a bland doctor.  Sebastian was great, too, so very different from Jeb or Cyrus.  I like his "office" set with that cool zodiac table (which I really want to get), and his wardrobe is priceless.  Gabriel, though, is the best.  Truly a fascinating, deep character and probably my favourite in the 1840 storyline.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
i'm currently watching the 1970pt storyline so i haven't seen all of mr.pennocks work.

obviously jeb hawkes was a necessary character during the leviathan storyline.once pennock got into the groove of the character i thought he worked.he sort of was the first character that represented the "anti-establishment" movement that was taking place in the world at the time.before jeb most of the male characters(including the villians)were suited-up dandies or working stiffs.

as for doctor cyrus longworth he doesn't bother me but i don't care for the john yeager storyline at all.it just hasn't grabbed me.i'm wanting to see more of the parallel-time versions of the main cast here.

one thing i do like during this period on the show however is the buffie harrington character.she's sort of like suki forbes in that she's sort of this part-time player who created a lasting impression for me.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Evan Hanley

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »
Besides Humbert being my fav actor on the show, Chris is my second fav. HIS BEST Character with out a doubt is Jeb Hawkes. I have met Chris several times at  the fests. and got my pic taken with him at the world trades marriott where a fest was held one time. pre 911. that was 2001. the following fest i took my pic of me and him. I told him that pic was taken pre 911. He signed the pic to me and said "we survived". then signed his name. I love cyrusjohn yeger, and i love gaberial in the wheelchair. I dont care for sebastion.

Evan