Author Topic: The March 26th Episodes  (Read 754 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The March 26th Episodes
« on: March 27, 2006, 01:18:19 AM »
A few random thoughts about the March 26th episodes:

I've always loved the scene in Ep #457 in which Ben tells Nathan that he's "fouler" than any of the "scum" Ben met in prison. And given the DS writers' penchant for calling characters "swine" whenever they come up with insults for them, it's nice to see that they came up with a putdown for Nathan that places him in a category all his own. He'd certainly earned it.  [wink2]

It's interestring to see Quentin invoke the powers of Baal in Ep #718. Who knew he and Gerard/Judah share more in common than simply being ghosts that haunt Collinwood - they share the same taste in demons.  [devil]

It's also interesting in Ep #718 that when Barnabas asks Angelique if she was originally a part of the events of 1897, she seems to indicate she was not, yet we will learn later on that she supposedly was. Though when it comes to a character like Angelique, it's easy to presume that she wouldn't necessaily be honest with Barnabas - particularly under circumstances in which she's trying to persuade him that he'll fail in his mission unless he accepts her help. So I suppose it could be a case of a seeming plot inconsistency that we might easily overlook.

And finally, it's so ironic that in Ep #979 in the scene in which David fears he may never see Carolyn again (because she's supposedly going off with Jeb to live happily ever after) it's actually Roger whom the audience never sees again because it's Roger's final scene on the series:

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
Re: The March 26th Episodes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:02:51 PM »
Wow...that's right.  Roger never does return, which kind of makes for a plot hole:  [spoiler]all the Collinses except Carolyn and Quentin were to have died in the Summer of 1970, but Elizabeth told Barnabas then that Roger was away on a business trip in Europe; thus, he couldn't have been killed by the rampaging zombies and/or Gerard's ghost.[/spoiler]

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:30:45 PM »

Not necessarily.  Roger could have been killed by Gerard or the zombies when he finally returned to a destroyed Collinwood.
I can imagine the shock on his face when he returns to town and discovers that Collinwood has been destroyed.  Of course, he'd have to go up there to inspect the place which would leave him open to attack by Gerard.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:46:05 PM »
roger collins final scene.that's really overwhelming.

i just saw that episode fairly recently and had no idea it was roger's final appearance.i can clearly remember that first scene when he and elizabeth were in the drawing room discussing the arrival of victoria winters.

obviously louis edmonds played 1970pt roger and i believe one of the 1840 characters but does anyone know why he didn't appear in any of the 1970rt episodes?

i've said this many times before but i do think it's sad how some of the original characters get sidelined once the show goes supernatual and roger is the perfect example of that.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 11:10:40 PM »
Louis Edmunds may have been off the show to do a play at the time.  Roger was also gone for most of Quentin's haunting as well.  The RT Roger Collins seems to have run its course by the summer of 1970 unfortunately.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 10:28:51 PM »
Roger was also gone for most of Quentin's haunting as well. 

That's right!  Forgot all about that.  When he returned to Collinwood, from being off to whatever he had been doing, he thought everyone had gone bonkers talking about spooks and such until his own encounter convinced him they were not all certifiably bananas.  The scene, where he is the last one to leave the abandoned mansion, the family now "refugees," defiantly telling the ghost:  "We'll be back!" was one of the most powerful moments in the series.

Gerard