Author Topic: Very much OT, but of interest to the forum...  (Read 1313 times)

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
  • I don't know, Barnabas. I just don't know!
    • View Profile
Very much OT, but of interest to the forum...
« on: September 23, 2005, 03:11:16 AM »
I'm doing a radio show at my college, but I'm also doing something very exciting and not too common to go along with it:  a radio soap opera!  Yes, I'll be doing a radio soap opera, somewhat in the style of DS and using the House of DS and Night of DS soundtrack for the backround music!  Didn't the cast of DS get together to do an auditory "sequel" of sorts a few years back?  I really wish radio dramas would come back en vogue--radio is so dull nowadays!  One gets tired of music, pointless chattering, and morning shows every once in awhile.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: Very much OT, but of interest to the forum...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 03:28:06 AM »

Sounds really cool.  Does your station have streaming audio on the internet?  I'd like to check it out.
I agree about radio drama.  I was recently toying with the idea of doing an old-timey style horror radio show in addition to my regular show, but haven't had the time to devote to the idea.  Best of luck with your show!
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 03:42:14 AM »
Sounds really cool.  Does your station have streaming audio on the internet?  I'd like to check it out.
I agree about radio drama.  I was recently toying with the idea of doing an old-timey style horror radio show in addition to my regular show, but haven't had the time to devote to the idea.  Best of luck with your show!

I'd honestly love to listen as well. On some other forums I go on, the head administrator's boyfriend runs a streaming audio for his anime talk. Whenever I listen, I get her to give me a shout out on there. :) So yeah...my thoughts are, look into streaming audio! ;) Best of luck to you in getting this off the ground.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 04:27:01 AM »
Sounds great, AndreDuPres.  I wish you good luck!

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 07:13:40 AM »
Sounds awesome!  Let us know how/if we can hear it.  I'm very excited, but then again I love that kind of thing.
Help us create the ultimate  Dark Shadows EncyclopediaLearn everything there is to know about the world of Dark Shadows at the CollinWiki!

http://darkshadows.wikicities.com

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the support, guys!  I just did a "test" run of sorts, and altogether, it's about 15 minutes long.  I really hope this works out--I'm the sole "actor" of the show (so far--I may need a little help), so I've really got to change my voice accordingly to the characters (whom I've named after friends, but with a few alterations)--I haven't even come up with everyone's voice yet, and the show's tonight!  I'm rather pleased with my music selections, though.  I'm using the beginning of Tchaikovsky's "Piano Concert No. 1" for my theme song, but the rest is pure DS.  Yes, there is internet streaming for my college's radio!  I'll post the link in a little while; my entire show runs from 8 to 10, but my soap starts at around 9:20ish (I'm guessing--I calculated how long each song is, but I'm only guessing at the spaces between songs when I talk about them or bring up public service announcements).

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 03:24:11 PM »
Oh, and I'm getting my roommate to split up those "Cue Medley" tracks on the 30th Anniversary CD--I'd love to use those cues, but I can't get to some of them in time if they're in the middle of a five minute track.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 03:28:59 PM »
Yes, there is internet streaming for my college's radio!  I'll post the link in a little while; my entire show runs from 8 to 10, but my soap starts at around 9:20ish

Quick question: What time zone are you in?

Offline AndreDuPres

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 06:26:08 PM »
Yes, there is internet streaming for my college's radio!  I'll post the link in a little while; my entire show runs from 8 to 10, but my soap starts at around 9:20ish

Quick question: What time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time
Here's the link:  http://people.hsc.edu/organizations/wwhs/listen_online.htm