Author Topic: Jonathan Frid to participate in Johnny Depp movie  (Read 4923 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Re: Jonathan Frid to participate in Johnny Depp movie
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Taeylor - You didn't offend me. I was kinda joking with you. I sorry if it didn't come across that way.

Part of my problem with this "remake" is that I truely believe the original story is one of the best stories ever put on film. That makes it very hard to do anything that comes close to the original in my mind. To me, thinking of someone playing Barnabas other than Frid, is like the idea that someone could play Karloff or Lugosi. The only thing you could ever get is second best. That said I know that Frid can't play the part. I also know that Martin Landau was almost better at playing Lugosi than Lugosi would have been. I believe with all my heart that with this team, if we don't get one of the greatest films ever made that something really, really bad happened somewhere. This movie should be the closest that we ever get to the perfect film.

I just don't think we should lower our expections. And I know that you weren't.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:28 PM »
It's all good.......:)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
It's interesting that you should bring this up now.  I was on YouTube recently and listening to believe it or not Paul Whiteman's Orchestra recordings. I accidently came across this man and his music from the 20's & 30's & beyond.  Mostly his rankings are 'likes' but occasionally you get a couple of 'dislikes'.  They always want to diminish his accomplishments and keep talking about Bix Biderbeck(sp) who played the clarinet and how great he was (which he was by the way).  The comments usually go along with 'yeah, but..Bix...blah, blah,blah'.  Whiteman gave a start to many of the great musicians of that era..Dorsey brothersl, Crosby, Mildred Bailey, Berigan etc. It would be hard for me to go to a website and listen to trash talk about DS.  [snow_lipsrsealed]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf