Author Topic: favorite "moment"  (Read 4096 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
favorite "moment"
« on: August 01, 2004, 05:26:39 PM »
what is your favorite d.s."moment"?the moment on the show that really gave you goosebumps?mine is the seance that led to the 1795 story.i watched it again friday night.there are so many layers to it.the hostility between barnabas and julia is intense.then the business with barnabas and carolyn dirty-dealing the whole thing,with carolyn pretending to go into the trance and speak for sarah.then dear vicki,who was uninvolved in all the trickery,goes into the trance and is sent back in time.those few minutes are my favorite "moment".

p.s. some of you may have already answered this question on another board. ;)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
Re: favorite "moment"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:11:43 PM »
The firery demise of Nicholas Blair in the woods while a smiling Barnabas watches on in glee.......then the following moment when Barnabas goes back and shares the great news with Dr. Julia.....all seems well in Collinwood at that moment.....it was uplifting to see both of them giddy with knowing the Diabalos had taken Blair back into the underworld...... :P
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 03:29:21 AM »
The firery demise of Nicholas Blair in the woods while a smiling Barnabas watches on in glee.......

I wasn't sure why Barnabas was the "good" person at that point and Nicholas Blaire the total baddy. I mean, Nicholas Blaire did fall in love with Maggie and was showing signs of humanity (he certainly wasn't any match for totally evil Angelique). And it was long before that Barnabas was asking for Peter Bradford's head on the monster -and it was just after Barnabas inadvertently caused the blindness of the artist Sam Evans by asking him to paint an aging Angelique. Barnabas' expression was like ..."oh well"  anything and everyone (except Vickie) is expendable in order to protect MYSELF. Not the best story-line for Barnabas fans. He was kinda of a jerk then.

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 04:21:49 AM »
When Nathan Forbes waits for Barnabas with a crossbow... and when Barnabas comes through the door, fires. Barnabas appears stricken, but then defiantly pulls out the bolt and menacingly growls, "You didn't get my heart, Lieutenant. You didn't get my heart."

I originally saw that at a friend's house before I ever got to watch the show regularly as a kid, so it was sort of a stand-alone ES moment -- and for me, a defining one.

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 01:55:32 PM »
....the first time the 'phone' (Quentin's) rings by itself....

I was alone watching this just a few years ago for first time....and it was sort of dark in the house...sooooo good!!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 07:10:29 PM »
The moment when Vickie meets Barnabas and little Sarah in the 1795 flash back... standing outside the first Collinwood, that later became the Old House.  At that moment I could see how much Barnabas loved his little sister.
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 09:38:04 PM »
I have several favorite moments.  Probably the first moment where I realized how great the show is was when Rev. Trask was presenting his testimony against Victoria at her witchcraft trial.  His eyes rolled, his voice boomed, and he seemed every bit the crazed fanatic. It was riveting.

[spoiler]I also love how, in 1897, Kitty Soames, who is Josette's reincarnation, flies at Angelique and tries to strangle her upon their first meeting.  I always saw it as retribution for the evils that Angelique had committed against her in the past.

From the Leviathan storyline: Angelique's shock when she discovers that her husband Sky's best buddy is her hated enemy Nicholas Blair, and the subsequent fall-out as she is forced to use her magic again in order to keep Sky from destroying her are also very highly charged moments.

The scene in 1970 where Tad and Carrie take possession of David and Hallie at Rose Cottage is very chilling.  The kids are so resigned to the fact that they will soon cease to exist; they just sit opposite each other, say goodbye, and await the inevitable.[/spoiler]

Many more moments stand out in my mind.  Those are just a few of the best.

ProfStokes

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 02:00:14 AM »
My all-time favorite moment is when Barnabas takes Sarah's flute, shakes it at her, and says, "I hope you like playing 'London Bridge' on the moon, 'cause that's where you're going! Ho ho, bang....ZOOM."

Yep, that's my all-time favorite moment. ;)

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 02:06:43 AM »
Raineypark spits tea all over the monitor....for the first time in a long time.

Bless your demented imagination, Mark..... :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 09:05:51 AM »
[spoiler]My favorite scene was during the 1795 storyline when Barnabas shoots Angelique and she then places the vampire curse on him!  The whole scene was just so intense, fake bat & all![/spoiler]

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 04:53:15 PM »
My first defining moment was the end of the first episode I ever watched when DS was first shown in syndication. 

Money obsessed Willie (who almost looked crazed by his grave robbing) and the look on his face as he opened B's coffin and then the look on his face as the hand rose up and grabbed Willie by the throat!  I was hooked immediately!

My next was (as mscbryk already commented) the seance leading up to Vicki's trip to the 1795.  I was in Daffy Duck mode, literally jumping up and down with glee, and running to tell my mother about it!!
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 05:45:07 PM »
One of my favorite moments is when Liz finally spills the beans just as she's about to marry Jason. 

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 11:22:15 PM »
It would be hard to pick a most favorite scene, but one of the most funny has to be Willies Dream Curse. I know its supposed to be a horrible dream, but ole Willie must think he is going for the emmy...The wild faces, the extreme gestures of his hands and arms, its a bit over the top to say the least.. On one of the door frames, as he is closing the door, nearly topples over, and you can see him holding onto it. That last door with the wolf head  lol   as he screams, he is not even looking at the wolf, but directly into the camera, you can see him looking 90 degrees to the right just before his close up...Only on DS!!    :o
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »
i just thought of another one...when liz confronts laura at the cottage.laura vows that if she decides to take david "no power on earth" would stop her.when liz asks her what she means laura warns her that she'll find out and that she'll be very sorry she tried to interfere with her plans.when liz gets back to collinwood she finds out laura doesn't make idle threats. :o
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2004, 02:08:55 AM »
*When Vickie rescues David from the blazing inferno (and Laura) in 1967...what a climax!  ;D

*The day when the family has to evacuate Collinwood and traipse over to the Old House (right before 1897). The way the camera panned across the empty rooms in Collinwood, playing Quentin's theme in the background...then showing the handsome devil himself laughing his etherial keister off---powerful  and spooky.   :D

*Oh--any and all Barnabas and/or Julia scenes too (especially the rare moments when he comes to HER rescue instead of the SYT's ["sweet young things" for you layfolk...chuckle]). In fact, one of my eccentric wishes is to have a tape in my possession with nothing BUT B&J scenes on it. Well, just for variety's sake, it could also be a tape with J&B scenes and some splashes of Julia interacting with her 'other' men too (chortle).  Sigh--I can dream, can't I?   ;)

I know, I'm a nut.  ::)   ;D  LOL

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*