Author Topic: OT: Kevin Smith  (Read 777 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
OT: Kevin Smith
« on: February 19, 2002, 05:30:01 PM »
Originally posted by Steve on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 19, 2002 at 11:30:01:

For those who ever admired/lusted after Kevin Smith who portrayed Ares the War God (and Ares' twin brother the Lord of Love, in white tights that left John Travolta looking like chopped liver) on the Xena/Hercules megalith, I read today that Mr. Smith died after an accident while visiting a set in Beijing. Apparently he was climbing up a tower and fell. He was 38.

This kind of thing just kills me. Mr. Smith came across on the screen as sexy, funny, and very sweet. Tributes from coworkers who describe him across the board as the perfect gent have been pouring in. It's just not fair, y'know? I'd looked forward to seeing him do something worthy of his talents (while his costumes on XenaHerc were boss, the scripts were generally soggy at best), and now that hope is dashed. I feel for his family, as well.

Just wanted to share this sad news for those who care.

Steve

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Kevin Smith
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2002, 11:09:48 PM »
Posted by Vlad on February 19, 2002 at 17:09:48:
In Reply to: OT: Kevin Smith posted by Steve on February 19, 2002 at 11:30:01:

Steve, that reminds me of a similarly senseless death of Norwegian-American TV star Jon-Erik Hexum in the 1980s, who shot himself with a prop gun on the set. A reminder that no one is immune from accidental death and tragedy.

-Vlad
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline lisa

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Kevin Smith
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2002, 11:12:50 PM »
Posted by Lisa on February 19, 2002 at 17:12:50:
In Reply to: OT: Kevin Smith posted by Steve on February 19, 2002 at 11:30:01:

I just loved Kevin Smith as Ares. I also looked forward to seeing him in something else. So Sad.

Thanks for posting this though.

Lisa