Author Topic: Cassandra's Aging  (Read 822 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Cassandra's Aging
« on: May 29, 2002, 09:00:54 PM »
I've always been curious how today's first episode was shot.  Did they do it all on one day, or did they need to take a break--either of some hours or a day--while the second phase of makeup was added to Lara Parker?

I've read how the "withered claws" effect from yesterday's episode was accomplished, but have never seen any discussion of how the 2 phases of Cassandra's makeup were applied.  It's possible that the long scene between Tony and Carolyn was scripted to give the makeup man time to apply layer #2 to Ms. Parker.  I simply wonder whether it was something that could have been accomplished that quickly.

Gothick

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Cassandra's Aging
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2002, 10:36:16 AM »
Judging from the scenes in todays episode, Im sure they pretty much had to do the aging effect on Cassandra in stages. This seem to coincide with the painting as well. When we first saw Cassandra out on the Gazebo with Tony, she looked old, but not nearly as old as she did by the time she arrived at Sam's cottege. Im assuming that they did it all in one day. Perhaps, like you stated, they might have added more of the aging process to Cassandra while they were shooting the scenes between Tony and Carolyn.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2002, 04:16:42 PM »
Judging from the scenes in todays episode, Im sure they pretty much had to do the aging effect on Cassandra in stages. This seem to coincide with the painting as well. When we first saw Cassandra out on the Gazebo with Tony, she looked old, but not nearly as old as she did by the time she arrived at Sam's cottege. Im assuming that they did it all in one day. Perhaps, like you stated, they might have added more of the aging process to Cassandra while they were shooting the scenes between Tony and Carolyn.

that sounds right but it was great when she aged! :o

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2002, 02:06:42 AM »

They probably did do it all in one day, but I'd venture a guess this was one of those rare instances where they actually had to (gasp!) stop tape in between scenes.

I've seen enough specials on Special Effect make-up to spot a latex face mask when I see one - which were definitely used, quite impressively for the time I might add, on both Barnabas and Angelique during the "aging" process. Even when the mold is ready for wearing it takes at least a good hour to put it on the actor and make it look realistic. They definitely wouldn't have had the time to do that in the five or ten minutes between the two scenes with Angelique.