Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0289  (Read 974 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0289
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0289
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:37:38 PM »
I knew it! It is the music box that has all the powers. I will say the Barnabas has this thing about going into bedrooms. Maybe that is everyones hidden with back then.  ::) This was an easy day for JF no lines, he must of like that.

julia is really determined to find out something she goes all out, reading by candlelight, she should know that is not enough light. But she really knew how the freak out Vickie.

One other thing that Willie should do is put a lock on that window. How many people have gotten in the house that way. 2 or 3 or more.  ???

Great show!
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »
It's an awful shame that the music box never got to do a voiceover.

On a scale of of 1 to 10, I'd have to rate Vicky's denseness today at 8 at the very least.  Julia puts together the evidence (a refreshing change from Burke's mindless sounding off) and delivers a thoroughly rational conclusion to Vicky: "Barnabas is trying to remake you in Josette's image."  And Vicky says no, no, how could you think such a thing!

I also had trouble with Vicky's personal idea of Josette.  The woman committed suicide, and at a very young age - 22, according to the gravestone we saw a few days ago.  She didn't have time to be a great lady!  And anyway, what does that have to do with any insights Vicky might have derived from the experiences of wearing Josette's clothes and sleeping in Josette's bed?

There should have been an additional scene today, of Mrs. Johnson making coffee in the middle of the night during a power outage.

What did Willie have to get in Portland that he couldn't get in Bangor?  I'm assuming that Collinsport is on the other side of Bangor from Portland, so even if Willie left at dawn, I don't see how he could have gotten back to the Old House before the afternoon.  If I were Julia, I'd have waited a few more minutes to make sure Willie wasn't going to come back for something he'd forgotten, and to make sure that Barnabas was good and dead before taking a peek into his coffin - but that's Julia for you, the Daredevil of Dark Shadows.  I can't remember what I was thinking the first time I saw this scene - but it's one that I can watch over and over again.

CT!_CTP/FITBs

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:22:25 PM »
Another milestone! [cheer]  Julia found Barnabas in his coffin!  [shkdg] Great scene! [thumb]  Julia sure was a great detective! [bigok]  I agree, Willie should put a lock on that window! [cheesyg] I must admit, though, it was neat to see Julia (and Jason before her) have to wade through those curtains! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 07:48:07 AM »
Isn't it lucky that there was a porch around the Old House!  Otherwise we'd have seen Julia hoisting herself up to the windowsill, and then pitching wig first into the living room.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »
We also can't forget the windows that people  look into and see all the things that goes on in the Old House.  Some things you would want to do that no one could see.  :o
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »
Isn't it lucky that there was a porch around the Old House!  Otherwise we'd have seen Julia hoisting herself up to the windowsill, and then pitching wig first into the living room.

What a sight it would have been to picture Julia stealthily leaving Collinwood carrying a ladder and dragging it to the Old House!  ;D