Author Topic: I can't stand it!!!  (Read 1697 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
I can't stand it!!!
« on: October 31, 2002, 02:29:06 AM »
Well, it happened again.  Roger Davis aka "Dirk Wilkens" comes slithering around.  God!  I can't stand him.  Just when Quentin and Beth are getting along pretty good, how do you think comes along and killed it!!  Then, he tell Quentin that he's just the groundskeepper not the stableboy, and, he looked like he was going to fight Quentin.  You'll get it, oh yes, you will.[uzi]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I can't stand it!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 03:46:54 AM »
 You'll get it, oh yes, you will.[uzi]

And we'll enjoy it, won't we???? You have to wonder if they couldn't have broken tradition and had him play someone likeable. I assume he would have done it up to his usual standards of acting, which would be questionable. But early Peter Bradford is the only example we have of it. Man, I would love to see "Alias Smith and Jones" again to see if I was out of my mind for liking him in it!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 10:52:09 AM »

Man, I would love to see "Alias Smith and Jones" again to see if I was out of my mind for liking him in it!

Same here because I can't remember much about that show for the life of me!  

So far I've seen him in the Twilight Zone and today he was on Matlock!  And in both stories he was yelling, screaming, grabbing people by the neck and just about ready to murder someone! Only in Matlock, he was the one who wound up being murdered! [vryevl]

You know Kuanyin, when I saw him today on Matlock, he was obviously much older than he was on DS.  And without me saying a word, my Dad says "doesn't he look like Christopher Walken there"  In a strange way he does resemble him now that he's older but I like Christopher Walken and always thought he was good looking and yet I don't feel the same towards R.D.  I guess it's all in the personality! ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 12:08:22 PM »
Well, it happened again.  Roger Davis aka "Dirk Wilkens" comes slithering around.  God!  I can't stand him.

LOL !!  I know what you mean.  [puke]
I couldn't stand the way he grabbed Beth the other day in the foyer.  And the whole thing with Sabrina last week, or whenever it was, made me ill.

...Then, he tells Quentin that he's just the groundskeeper not the stableboy, and, he looked like he was going to fight Quentin.  You'll get it, oh yes, you will.[uzi]

ROFL.  Ya know, I don't mind the way he manhandles the men on the show, but the women...!  (Ugh!)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

There's a physical scene between him and Quentin in the cottage I sort of remember, that didn't bother me.
Then when he's Charles D. Tate, there's that fight scene between them over the painting and he LITERALLY grabs Quentin and throws him.  I don't mind that either - it's two MEN tousling and it helps add some realism.  But his grabbing, squeezing, pawing and shaking of the women is disgusting.

Needless to say, the few times I remember Quentin grabbing him by the collar and threatening him through clenched teeth, warms my heart.  LOL

-CLC

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 07:52:53 PM »
The weird thing for me is of all the RD roles Dirk is my favorite have to say he doesn't look bad in those riding clothes that is until he opens his mouth! do love how Laura bosses him around ! such a boy toy!
his best role yet!(IMHO)

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 06:29:40 PM »
Would any woman out there actually choose Dirk over Quentin? Not me....

Though in all fairness Dirk actually became more interesting once [spoiler]Barnabas turned him into a vampire. He certainly caused a lot of excitement then![/spoiler]

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 12:39:30 AM »

Though in all fairness Dirk actually became more interesting once [spoiler]Barnabas turned him into a vampire. He certainly caused a lot of excitement then![/spoiler]

Not me!  Only character of RD's I liked was Peter from 1795.  And when he ended up in the [spoiler]present time as Jeff Clark and then back to Peter Bradford again in 1795 and as the ghost in the Leviathan storyline,[/spoiler] I didn't like him as much.

I did find Dirk amusing as a [spoiler]vampire.[/spoiler]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »

Choose Dirk over Quentin? Oh gakkkkkkKK!!!  :-X Choose anyone over Quentin? Ok maybe Willie. Maybe definitely Willie. [love7] But a ROGER DAVIS character? Granted, Dirk isn't as disgusting as Jeff Clark or horrors!   :o Ned Stuart who I couldn't abide, but I can't stand him, his voice is like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing against my eardrums. He is more tolerable to look at as Dirk because of the moustache, but that's all the concession I will make.

The Roger Davis characters are about equal with Harry Johnson in my book.

Alondra