Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0678  (Read 967 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0678
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0678
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:58 AM »
It's clever how Dan Curtis saved money by playing Quentin's music instead of bringing in David Selby for today's episode.  He must be wishing he could give Beth some music of her own, but the rule seems to be: one new tune per storyline.  Must not confuse the viewers.

I googled on strychnine poisoning and its antidote, and what I found did not correspond with what was on today's episode.  Yesterday the writers gave Julia a stray reference to a 400-year-old bit of true trivia, but today they couldn't be bothered to get their facts right on a well-known poison.

I'm imagining the ghosts of Quentin and Beth trapped in that walled-up room for several decades: Quentin plotting revenge while Beth wept her ectoplasmic eyes out.  I'll bet he would have happily strangled her, if only she weren't already dead.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 01:03:41 PM »
There was a blooper in this episode. At the cottage, Julia told Chris, "A ghost led you here." She should said, "A ghost led me here." [signerror]

I thought it was weird to hear Julia pronounce strychnine strik-neen instead of strĭk'nīn. It sounded very strange.  [hall2_rolleyes]

That was a really scary scene in Amy's dream after Quentrin stabbed Chris. That look on his face! It probably scared me a lot when I first saw it! [ghost_shocked]

Barnabas arranged to have breakfast with David and Amy, and it was never mentioned again. I'm picturing Barnabas in the kitchen, waiting impatiently for David and Amy to appear. He had to wait for a looooong time!  [hall2_wink]

----- Sally-----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »
i was always a fan of the kitchen/breakfast room and that funky greenhouse area.

wouldn't it have been cool for it to have made a reappearance with barnabas at the table sipping coffee during this era.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 04:57:36 AM »
i was always a fan of the kitchen/breakfast room and that funky greenhouse area.

I also miss the kitchenette in the caretaker's cottage.   [hall2_sad]

Speaking of disappearing items in the cottage, what happened to the other 2/3 of the poisoned whiskey seen in the previous ep when Chris poured his last glass?