Author Topic: Wednesday's Events  (Read 983 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Wednesday's Events
« on: August 07, 2003, 08:19:21 AM »
I was hoping to clue the newcomers a while back for when Roger would be revealed.  Perhaps someone knows the exact episodes so one can go back and read the appropriate Robservations.

There was one scene early on in PT when Roger is looking at the portrait and talking to it, telling her how much he loved her.  I forget all he said, but it's so interesting when one knows he's the murderer.  I always wonder if they had decided that at that point.

There's another scene a bit later, I think after Angelique has come back.  I think he's offering to help her or something, but again, some interesting comments in light of the truth.

I never want to give it away to anyone, but those scenes pass by almost unnoticed and it's really fun to watch them knowing the truth.

---

As to the Real Time people - really!!!!  Julia and Quentin before, coming right out and letting Hoffman learn that Barnabas is a "vampire."  And now Maggie and Quentin, not only revealing all in that room, but even giving the FULL NAME - DR. JULIA HOFFMAN!!  And, if they (or Maggie at least) find it so unthinkable that Julia would cross into the other time, doesn't it ever occur to them that talking in that room could lead to it happening to them?!!!  Why wouldn't they just stand at the doorway and have their conversation?

Obviously, these things are needed for the plot, but it makes them all SO STUPID!!
Josette

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Wednesday's Events
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 06:15:53 PM »
Speaking of stupid, it was certainly unwise of Liz to confront Roger after she heard his confession.  How much better it would have been if she'd quietly left the room, remembered some urgent business in town, and made her way to the police station.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 09:26:35 PM »
As to the Real Time people - really!!!!  Julia and Quentin before, coming right out and letting Hoffman learn that Barnabas is a "vampire."  And now Maggie and Quentin, not only revealing all in that room, but even giving the FULL NAME - DR. JULIA HOFFMAN!!  And, if they (or Maggie at least) find it so unthinkable that Julia would cross into the other time, doesn't it ever occur to them that talking in that room could lead to it happening to them?!!!  Why wouldn't they just stand at the doorway and have their conversation?

Obviously, these things are needed for the plot, but it makes them all SO STUPID!!

Josette,

What can I say about Dark Shadows' own answer to the unbelievably dimwitted Michael Kelso of That '70s Show, but that...

THE COLLINSPORT TOWN CRIER STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Bob the Bartender, who's happy to see that the RT residents of Collinwood have faithfully obeyed Barnabas' edict to keep the PT room's double door locked and everyone out of there!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 04:28:40 AM »
Speaking of stupid, it was certainly unwise of Liz to confront Roger after she heard his confession.  How much better it would have been if she'd quietly left the room, remembered some urgent business in town, and made her way to the police station.

Well, I think Liz's outburst is probably understandable. She was so shocked to learn that her own brother had killed her daughter that the words simply came bursting out without a second thought to the danger she was putting herself in.

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 07:35:00 AM »

And what about Maggie?  Here she was crying in Roger's arms up in Angelique's room when the truth finally hits her about Roger!  So, what does she do?  She backs off with the most shocked & curious look on her face and tells him to give her the key so she can call the police!  I knew Roger wasn't buyng that one. ;)

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"