Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0568  (Read 1628 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0568
« on: June 18, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0568
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:07:24 AM »
Finally we got inside Julia's skull today and found out what she was thinking. She does want to resist Tom - but only, I think, because Barnabas is there forcing her to think.  If Barnabas weren't around, she'd have given in to Tom entirely.

Tom mostly used two syllables for "Julia" today, though he did stretched it out to three syllables once.  That's a fine coffin he has, by the way, with all the carved wood.  I wonder where the Dark Shadows people picked that up from.

Jeff just has to be noble, hasn't he? - with his statement about how he's only helping to make Adam's Mate so that others won't die.  Was that the point of the scuffle he had with Adam yesterday?  So that he would know he wasn't likely to be able to kill Adam on his own?

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 09:23:56 AM »
This was the first time Barnabas helped Julia. [milestone] I would like to think that he was so helpful because he cared for her. I'm sure that he did care for her; but, unfortunately, he probably was mostly thinking about the experiment. I found it thrilling when Barnabas stopped Julia from going to Tom, and was disappointed (but not surprised) when Julia got between the silver bullets in Barnabas' gun and Tom. She couldn't help herself!  [ghost_undecided]

Shame on Barnabas!  [8311] He should have known better, since he was a vampire for all those years! He shouldn't have turned his back on Julia. Boy, she must have been running down those stairs and out the door!  [ghost_smiley] Barnabas just turned his back for a moment. This all was so exciting to watch! [ghost_cheesy]

I'm glad Barnabas told Jeff the truth about Adam. I guess he had no choice. I figured Jeff would agree to help Barnabas and Julia, because he loved Vicki so much and didn't want her to be harmed. [love3]

Again, I laughed my head off when I heard Tom call, "Joooolia!"  [laughing1] It was so funny and hokey! I loved it! I know it wasn't meant to be funny, but I couldn't help myself! I'm sure when I originally saw this as a teenager, I was scared out of my wits! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »
I haven't seen this scene recently..... but maybe the longer the "oooo" went on in "Jooooolia", the greater the hypnotic power was that he exerted.  If so, was it his post-fatal mistake not to drag the Joooollia out for a dozen more ooooooooooos to give Julia a chance to intervene better....?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
It was very interesting to see Julia behaving so unlike herself, and to see Barnabas being so solicitous towards her. I really believe he begins to care about her in this episode, and it's mot only due to the experiment.  [ghost_happy]

Yes, Barnabas should have known better than to turn his back on Julia, but it sure makes for a great ending to an episode.  [ghost_cool]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 10:30:02 AM »
I have one question. If Jeff was still in the basement, what did he think of all the commotion up stairs?

Second question why did Barnabas tell Julia of his plan and the gun. Then she knew what Barnabas was going to do and she did stop him.

I did believe that Barnabas did care more about Julia than he wanted to.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 11:15:11 AM »
Second question why did Barnabas tell Julia of his plan and the gun. Then she knew what Barnabas was going to do and she did stop him.
That was ill-advised of Barnabas, but Julia's calmness about the situation might have lulled him into thinking that she was not completely In Tom's power.  If Barnabas had thought about it, he would have realized that that was impossible, but Julia was still acting very much like herself, so he didn't really think about it.  Or anyway, that's how I figure it.  It's now been a few weeks since I saw this episode, so my memory may be incorrect.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 07:34:31 PM »
I agree with what Lydia said. It was silly of Barnabas to tell Julia what he intended to do, but Julia has pretty much been a strong-willed woman up to this point. Maybe Barnabas hoped that Julia still had enough of that free will to be able to resist Tom and allow Barnabas to destroy him. Fat chance though and not very realistic thinking. Ah, well. [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:59 AM »
I'm always impressed by how easily the people in DS manage to move heavy objects (like when one person is able to not only dig up a coffin but lift it back to ground level all by himself).  Today, when Jeff ponders why they moved all of Dr. Lang's equipment to the old house basement, he really should have been asking HOW they did it!  Barnabas is clearly way too refined to do anything so vulgar as moving furniture and I doubt Julia would have been much help in that regard either.  So I guess it was all Williy's doing, either that or they hired the Collinsport Bekins and did it all under the cover of darkness.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 03:52:35 AM »
Where do you think that Pods got started. You fill it and someone else moves it.

Maybe Adam helps during the time that they all got along.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate