Author Topic: John Wells no longer interested in DS  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: John Wells no longer interested in DS
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 12:46:03 PM »
Does anyone know what's going to happen with/to the pilot?

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2004, 02:33:28 PM »
I'll hazzard a guess: It will sit on a shelf somewhere until all possibility of it being used has evaporated.  Then, just when we've forgotten it ever existed, it will become available on DVD sold only at a DS Fest.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2004, 02:53:15 AM »
I'll hazzard a guess: It will sit on a shelf somewhere until all possibility of it being used has evaporated.  Then, just when we've forgotten it ever existed, it will become available on DVD sold only at a DS Fest.  ::)

I am sure that is correct. With Shelton going to The West Wing was probably the last beat in the pilot.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2004, 01:22:32 AM »
Sorry for responding to some of these posts so late.  I was housesitting for several weeks and the 'puter there had a browser which would not open up our beloved board!  So now I'm getting caught up.

Anyway, I am deathly curious about seeing that pilot.  From the little bit we've been told about its plot, it seems that it jammed virtually the entire storyline that covered - what? - almost a year on the original series into 40-or-so minutes.  My impressions might be wrong, but if they're just remotely close, it would be fascinating to see how they did that.

Gerard

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2004, 07:52:45 PM »
i'd be curious to see the pilot as well for that same reason...when it was in production i couldn't see how they could possibly introduce viewers to victoria,barnabas,julia and angelique(whom were all introduced months apart in gradually unfolding storylines on o.s.)in a 50 minute pilot that would make any sense or have any suspence.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 11:40:17 PM »
The writer in today's article believes that DS may not rise again for a long time and he lists several reasons. I believe he was only referring to the failed filmed pilot and not to the posed question although I could be wrong. I think the Sci Fi Channel has officially stated that DS would be too costly for them so I do not agree with this writer in that said channel would be DS' best bet. But as he stated, we should keep the faith.
www.sun-sentinel.com/features/columnists/sfl-tvsept12tjqasep12,0,2872519.column

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2004, 11:44:38 PM »
They didn't compress a year into 40 mins...It's like the 90min pilot for the 91 series with a tighter focus and less background characters...Sam, maggie and Joe being moved to later episodes for their intros etc.

Plus since Carolyn gets bit, there's no Daphne character so it's a rather tight paring down.

What's interesting is Angelique's return is played as a response, almost, to Barnabas' resurrection. Him being freed almost triggers her return...

The evening after Barnabas arrives...David hears a ghostly voice pleading for him to free her, saying she cant breathe and is in pain...drawn to the cemetery, he is told to dig where no grave is marked...He claws the ground up and find a skeleton with an ornate dagger rammed in its chest...Ang's voice begs him to remove it...when he does, she appears floating towards him, her shadowed face rotted and decimated...though as he floats towards her, it subtly recomposits itself...She reaches for and embraces David saying they'll be together forever and David screams in horror....cut to black, fade to commercial...

And we're off to the races...

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2004, 11:49:37 PM »
Hmmm...

And the Sun-Sentinal question was submitted by one "J.M."...I wonder who that could have been?  ;)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2004, 11:51:43 PM »
"I don't understand. What do you mean?" LOL