Author Topic: Couple Comments on Thursday  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Couple Comments on Thursday
« on: September 27, 2002, 09:47:27 AM »
I've always loved Ben as Angelique was burning.  It was so exciting to actually seem them get her, and naturally Barnabas liked that, but Ben really seemed to be enjoying it.  It was so hard to picture that just a couple of days before we saw him as his descendant, the Professor!

Nathan - Millicent - and the Countess regarding the disposition of Barnabas - first, it seems so ludicrous to think that Nathan would consider Millicent capable of something like that - as she, herself, said!!  But, I couldn't understand the Countess asking her to go with her - Millicent on a mission like that?!!!  Then Nathan, himself, after having asked Millicent to do it, at first it seemed as though he couldn't even do it.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Couple Comments on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 10:10:10 AM »
 Josette wrote:
Nathan - Millicent - and the Countess regarding the disposition of Barnabas - first, it seems so ludicrous to think that Nathan would consider Millicent capable of something like that - as she, herself, said!!  But, I couldn't understand the Countess asking her to go with her - Millicent on a mission like that?!!!  Then Nathan, himself, after having asked Millicent to do it, at first it seemed as though he couldn't even do it.

The whole thing did appear strange especially since Millicent had completly lost her mind by that time.

I couldn't understand how Nathan could even go along with Natalie, since he is supposidly under the vampire's spell.  I could understand him having a strong will, but to be able to destroy him?

Another thing that gets me is why the Countess was so shocked to see Barnabas alive after leaving the Tower room?  Didn't she know all this when she had Joshua call on Bathia Mapes to try to help him get rid of the curse?? [hdscrt]  Or did Barnabas' returning to the past somehow change all that?  As I recall that scene with Natalie, Joshua and Bathia Mapes happened BEFORE the death of Lt.Forbes so Natalie should have known about him. The sole purpose of Barnabas killing Forbes was because of Naomi's death,  and Naomi was alive when Bathia Mapes was called upon by Natalie.  The whole thing is so darn confusing!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 04:33:11 PM »
A lot of people are confused by this storyline, but I go with the theory this is all Angelique's doing and except for Barnabas, Vicky, Ben, and Peter, everyone else is shaped by her.  Peter's memory loss was probably also done by Angelique to make it worse for Vicky to be with him.

You can agree or disagree with this theory but due to so many continuity erors, I will go by this myself.  Also, Angelique did appear as Cassandra prior to this to get back at Liz for the last time, so she was still around before this story started.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 05:45:15 PM »
The more i think of it Joey i have to say that seems like the best explanation!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 08:30:05 PM »
Another thing that gets me is why the Countess was so shocked to see Barnabas alive after leaving the Tower room?  Didn't she know all this when she had Joshua call on Bathia Mapes to try to help him get rid of the curse?? [hdscrt]  Or did Barnabas' returning to the past somehow change all that?  As I recall that scene with Natalie, Joshua and Bathia Mapes happened BEFORE the death of Lt.Forbes so Natalie should have known about him.

Yes, that's exactly what I wondered, and I commented on it under Robservations.  Why would Natalie, who was willing to help Barnabas and Joshua originally, suddenly decide that she needed to avenge Josette by killing him?

ProfStokes

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 10:45:48 PM »
Peter's memory loss was probably also done by Angelique to make it worse for Vicky to be with him.

Then how come Vicky remembered it? Wouldn't Angelique make them both undergo a memory loss?

And wait,  it gets even more stranger than that.  When Vicky was explaining to Peter about going back to her own time for awhile, Peter was acting so clueless as if he had no idea what she was talking about.  Then Vicky tells him it's too complicated to explain right now.(Wouldn't she find it strange that he doesn't remember?) I thought he was Jeff Clark in the future?  Wouldn't he remember this is she did?  Then who the heck did she wind up getting married to in her own time??

The more confusing this gets, the more my head spins![spin][rollb][spin][rollb][spin][rollb]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2002, 12:08:10 AM »
He didn't remember at first that he was Peter Bradford when he was Jeff Clark so maybe the reverse is true.  Or maybe he's just a NUMBNUT.  Or both.

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2002, 12:17:55 AM »
Then how come Vicky remembered it? Wouldn't Angelique make them both undergo a memory loss?
[spin][rollb][spin][rollb][spin][rollb]

Didn't Vicki originally have trouble remembering what had happened to her during 1795/6?

The whole storyline is just sooo messed up. Natalie knew about Barnabas and tried to help him in the original storyline. Nathan and Millicent are both victims and shouldn't be able to do anything against B. And Vicki made it sound like she and Barnabas had a thing going in 1796. So confusing ?!?

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2002, 01:39:42 AM »
He didn't remember at first that he was Peter Bradford when he was Jeff Clark so maybe the reverse is true.  Or maybe he's just a NUMBNUT.  Or both.

Lol quess we know that!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2002, 07:30:48 PM »
I guess the DS writers didn't keep any sort of Bible (except the first one which outlined the first year or so...) with what they DID do. . .they could've watched  the tapes again too in order to ensure it coincided. . .but then again folks. .they never expected this show (or any episode) to see the light of day after its original airing. . .so they didn't care and frankly, i wouldn't of either. . .Although some of this makes writing fanfiction a hell of lot harder. . .
Julia99

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2002, 07:38:15 PM »
. .but then again folks. .they never expected this show (or any episode) to see the light of day after its original airing. . .so they didn't care and frankly, i wouldn't of either. . . .

Gone are the days when most people put pride in their work regardless of the visibility...Thank godness for the exceptions...
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Nancy

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2002, 01:33:47 AM »
I don't understand why someone did not keep up with the continuity as in my mind keeping things straight makes it easier to plot out the storylines. However, after talking to Peter Miner some years ago (he was one of the directors/producers on the show) it was made clear to me that the pacing insisted upon by Curtis made it impossible for most people to do their job well and do things they normally would do in another situation.  One of the reasons cast members hated the special effects is because it meant even less rehearsal for them that particular day as most of the time was spent on the special effect(s) for that show.

I think after awhile, Julia99, it's rather easy to fall into the mindset of "I just want to get the damn thing done" if indeed working on the show for the production crew was as chaotic as Miner said it was, IMO. It certainly is understandable how constant frustration would create that attitude.

Nancy

I guess the DS writers didn't keep any sort of Bible (except the first one which outlined the first year or so...) with what they DID do. . .they could've watched  the tapes again too in order to ensure it coincided. . .but then again folks. .they never expected this show (or any episode) to see the light of day after its original airing. . .so they didn't care and frankly, i wouldn't of either. . .Although some of this makes writing fanfiction a hell of lot harder. . .