Author Topic: When in Rome....  (Read 2277 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: When in Rome....
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2002, 12:10:02 AM »
If Barnabas can time travel why didn't he go back to Martinique and keep his pants zipped?

He would've had to have traveled to Martinique again to be able to arrive there when he goes back to time and like a previous poster said there was no one to take him back. Too bad Peter didn't have Barnabas go back to prevent Angelique from even getting started, then a whole lot more would've been fixed but then we'd lose Barnabas in the present so that's probably why the writers didn't do it. Either that or they were being lazy or Dan Curtis was being cheap. *shrug*

Connie

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2002, 01:15:44 AM »
John Karlen once said that being multiple characters later in the show was like working in a repertory company......for his sake, I'm glad he saw it in such a positive light.....I think it looks more like indentured servitude.

Yes, but indentured servitude was something he was already used to.  LOL

-CLC

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2002, 02:57:33 AM »
    I am so glad Cassandra brought this up. If Barnabas can time travel why didn't he go back to Martinique and keep his pants zipped?  He could have gone back and saved his sister or his mother but Nooooo!  He saves some putz that went back of her own free will to a fate she knew would happen.  All this for a  woman who was in love with someone else.  I think all the other deaths just are not worth it . Josette, Sarah, Bathia, Naomi, Abigail, Trask, assorted street tarts. Did I leave anybody out?

Dear Onyx,
Your message cracked me up! ROTFLOL!!!!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2002, 02:13:48 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the zipper was invented until the early 1900's???  Also, that was really funny about Barnabas being a male fluff head :-) Maybe by going back in time to 1795, he could only save Victoria because she was the only one who didn't love Barnabas when the original curse was given to him by Angelique.  Also, B does put himself directly in the line of temptation by going down to the docks in the first place.  He never could control himself very well as we all know. His lust for blood could probably be comparable to a drug addict.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf