Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1052  (Read 658 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1052
« on: August 19, 2010, 11:33:48 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1052
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:43:58 PM »
Those few seconds of realization (before she screamed) between Maggie's choking dream ending and waking with Q over her were very creepy.

I'm glad Barnabas starts to suspect Q too.   It just seems too "perfect" and true blue and unreasonable of him not to, at least momentarily.

What? Quentin's father took Sam Evans in a yacht and might have drowned him, then Qs father committed suicide?  

If there was ever a room which cried out for a "Loose lips sink ships" poster, it's Ang's/the PT Room.   The Drawing Room used to be the happening place in RT to spill all one's secrets recklessly when anyone could overhear.   Why'd they have to shift that activity to the PT room?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1052
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »
What? Quentin's father took Sam Evans in a yacht and might have drowned him, then Qs father committed suicide?
Yes, BS stands for backstory.  What bugs me is that we didn't get to see any of it.  This is just wrong.  When did Quentin's father commit suicide?  Was it before or after Quentin's mother left the parallel time cast of characters, either by death or by leaving Collinwood?  Did he hang himself the way Quentin was going to?  And was Angelique instrumental in the suicide of Quentin's father?  And why didn't Barnabas go back in parallel time to make it all better?

If there was ever a room which cried out for a "Loose lips sink ships" poster, it's Ang's/the PT Room.   The Drawing Room used to be the happening place in RT to spill all one's secrets recklessly when anyone could overhear.   Why'd they have to shift that activity to the PT room?
Yes, indeed, and there they stand, knowing that the room could change at any second.  It's surprising that it was Quentin who spilled the beans about Barnabas and then about Julia as well.  He's going to turn 100 in a couple of months.  Hasn't he learned anything in all that time?

I was surprised to learn that Angelique hadn't figured out already that Julia wasn't her Julia; when Inspector Hamilton said the other day that Julia wasn't herself, I thought Angelique realized that in fact Julia wasn't herself.

And I thought David Selby's dialogue was regrettably clunky.  Granted, the writers had to make it crystal clear to Angelique that Dr. Julia Hoffman had osmosed into parallel time, but couldn't they have been a little less obvious about it?
Quentin says,  "Maggie, our dear Dr. Julia Hoffman would go anywhere to be with Barnabas--even there."
Oh, come on, guys, you can do better than that.