Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1132  (Read 753 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1132
« on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #1132
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:30:52 PM »
Gerard's about evaluating sides in rivalries, and jumping aboard the most advantageous one.... Gabriel vs. Sam, now Sam vs. Q1.  ***  Sam thinks by falling in love with someone she didn't know, she gained magical powers to fill in those gaps in her knowledge of him, by shining her beam of all-knowingness into his soul.   Jeez, she's pretty romantic considering she's so cold, selfish, and devious....!!

Gerard meets Daphne.

If Julia can get just the right drugs from Bangor, she can perform microsurgery in 1840!   Did you get a cool cape with those superpowers, Dr. Hoffman?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 05:37:30 PM »
Frankly, I thought this episode was boring with a capital B. I did enjoy seeing mucho Selby.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
What a lovely performance by Camila Ashland as Mrs. Purdy.  By the end of it I was happily imagining an early Victorian epistolary novel, printed on thin paper.  Also I was wondering if the decorative band on her bonnet was the same stuff as what's on Julia's cloak.

Poor Samantha.  She was so close to being Mistress of Collinwood, and now everybody's shoving her aside.  I think, Magnus, that maybe the idea was that she didn't start out cold, selfish, and devious, but that circumstances are making her so.  If the original idea was that Kathryn Leigh Scott was to play Samantha, I daresay the plan was for us to see more pathos in the situation of a woman who sees her illusions shattered and her home turned into a prison.  And maybe if KLS had played Samantha, I would feel Samantha's love for Tad more.

In the original, Julia-less 1840, whom did Leticia drag into the task of joining Judah Zachery's head to his body?  Quentin, maybe.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
Camila Ashland was just wonderful--I love her calm speaking voice.

It certainly would have been interesting to see KLS play Samantha. I wonder if her story would have followed the same general outlines. I do love Vestoff's passion--I don't think KLS would have the same spirit.