Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0968  (Read 2198 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0968
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0968
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:44:46 AM »
The closing days of a storyline are a joyous time for us all, what with all the brutal main character deaths and everything.   In this case it's Philip Todd who bites it, seemingly because they needed to get rid of a character they didn't know what to do with anymore.   How dare they make Philip look like the violent, destructive one, with Jeb sounding moral!   And Jeb survives thanks to the clumsiest example of the old step-aside-when-someone's-rushing-at-you trick that I've ever seen.

Jeb looking in mirror: "You look good!  You look fine!"  Yes, Jeb, you'll be beating them off with a stick, in your new incredibly ill-fitting movie usher suit.   I feel sure that there are a couple stale, sticky Charleston Chews in the pocket, from the theater floor, that somehow never got thrown out.   Clip-on, has to be.

Violet Welles wrote this.....?!??!!?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26:24 AM »
You catch the wicked bug, oh hallowed one? I'm loving your posts.

Angelique! I hope that coat is fake, girlie. It certainly looks it. I'm curious to know what happened to the spots later on in the episode.

Liz is wearing a "Snuggie" or a monk outfit. No. It's a "Snuggie".

What is that weird square stain behind Carolyn's headboard? EW!

I think Angelique is a great character. I hate her when she's wicked when she oughtn't be, but I love her when she goes after a bad seed. Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

That shadow monster reminds me of an episode of the Outer Limits that scared the pants off me when I was a kid. A woman is vacuuming and comes upon a stubborn dust bunny in a corner. It begins to grow and grow and grow! Ahhhhhhhh! Funny how a thing like that stays with you for life. I am ever cautious of dust balls in corners, and being tucked away these winter months, I have several of them.

OK. Said it before, but Carolyn's room... One word - DRAB! It brought to mind a kid I knew when I was a kid. Her family lived in a big old house. It must have been a mansion. It wasn't a three-decker. But the walls were so dingy. They looked as though they hadn't been scrubbed in ages. Sorry, but I can't get over how dreary Carolyn's room is.

Well, who's up for episode# 969? Better question: Can we take it?

I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:08 AM »
You catch the wicked bug, oh hallowed one? I'm loving your posts.

Why thanks Janet!   Please stay around, you're helping to liven things up here!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
What has happened to Angelique's amazing ability with crafts?  She can sculpt a cat, she can build a house of cards, she can knit a doll in the wink of an eye - but when it comes to paper cutouts, she's a disaster.

I did, however, very much like Lara Parker's performance today: low-key, saving the fire for the last.  And it was fun to see Angelique sitting having tea with Elizabeth as if she were a real lady.  I was mildly surprised that, seeing Angelique inside Collinwood, Liz didn't finally recognize her as Cassandra, but never mind.

When Philip Todd wore those pants on the many other occasions on which we saw him wear them, did it ever occur to him that he would die in them?  And I also wonder: did they split when he got to the bottom?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:39:31 AM »
When Philip Todd wore those pants on the many other occasions on which we saw him wear them, did it ever occur to him that he would die in them?

I LOLed...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »
I did too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »
When Philip Todd wore those pants on the many other occasions on which we saw him wear them, did it ever occur to him that he would die in them?

Or that his ghost would probably be trapped wearing them forever? Now there's a truly terrifying thought!  [easter_shocked]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:47:29 PM »
LOL Lydia and MB! I needed that!  HA! I am also in the camp that is glad that Janet TW has joined us again.  As I have said before I absolutely love the WP as it's one of the highlights of my day.  [ghost_wink] I too was quite suprised Violet wrote this ep.  However poor dear didn't have much to work with.

Yay! Angelique is back to reek havoc!   She looks fantabulous but if she is wearing fur Peta may burn her!  ;)

Bye Peter and your contrived storyline!

Well Jeb has changed outfits or that was a replay at the beginning of the episode.  I suspect it was a replay as I am sure DC wouldn't have wanted to have to pay Chris Bernau for few minutes work.  

There seems to be a lot of racket going on at the beginning of the scene with Lara and Joan.  Did anyone else notice this?  

Now perhaps along with one of the worst storylines we get one of the worst special effects on DS?  What did you guys think of it as kids?  Did it scare you or make you laugh?

LOL…that scream was cheesetastic!  What is up with this drowning so long ago?  Are the writers confused as I am?  
I have always loved that statue on the foyer table of the man working as it's quite lovely!   It would look fabulous in my house!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 03:00:18 PM »
I felt sorry for Philip as well. He'll be forever unjustly labelled the Collinsport Serial Killer of 1970 when all he ever wanted to do was to run an antique shop and be happy with his wife.

It was strangely normal to see Angelique having tea with Elizabeth. It was kinda nice seeing Angelique being civil to her as opposed to terrorizing her as Cassandra with thoughts of death and the fear of being alive.

Not that Angelique has turned into a goody-two-shoes, she is seeking vengeance against Jeb and....she has stuck him with a SHADOW on his tail. Not just any old shadow...but a paper-cut out. [ghost_grin]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 01:51:28 AM »
I thought it was quite lame, the shadow, I have always thought it was weird.  [ghost_rolleyes]

It sure doesn't take long for Angelique to reek havoc, she is getting good at it.  [ghost_grin]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
The camera revealed the edge of a structure above and to the left of Widow's Hill.  Once was bad enough, but over and over?

Some dialogue silliness (though I did like VW's writing for Angelique ["I am no ordinary woman."])--

Peter's ghost to Jeb:  "It doesn't matter how many lives are lost. Only one thing is important."
Maybe they're more alike than either of them would ever admit?

Jeb:  "I've killed enough..."
He had a quota?
"...I don't want death on my conscience too."
He had a conscience?

Jeb to Angelique:  "No one is going to lure me near water again."
Ah, those wacky hippies.

Jeb in Carolyn's room (about Philip):  "They're pretty sure that these periods of madness come only when he feels the need to kill."
First off, he's dead.  Second, I thought that having a need to kill IS a sign of insanity; silly me.

Angelique to Jeb:  "I had comfort, position, a wonderful marriage, a man who loved me."
Hmm, I bet she was listing those in descending order of importance!

And no worries, Cousins--her leopard coat was faux.

There's a lamp on a table in the foyer.  Yep, it was there for a reason.

Liz is wearing a "Snuggie" or a monk outfit. No. It's a "Snuggie".
[ghost_cheesy]

When the collar slipped, you could clearly see the lime green dress underneath that she wore in the following scene.  BTW, after the box was destroyed, I wonder what Liz thought about the hideous snake pin in her jewelry box.

Well Jeb has changed outfits or that was a replay at the beginning of the episode.  I suspect it was a replay as I am sure DC wouldn't have wanted to have to pay Chris Bernau for few minutes work.
It wasn't a replay.  It looked like Widow's Hill got a little bit of a redress too for the reshoot.

It's a shame they didn't give Chris Bernau a role in HoDS.

Bye Peter and your contrived storyline!
And good-bye to Roger Davis!  [cheerleader] [clap] [blob7] [banana] [hello] [occasion18] [toothy9] [wavey] [thumbright]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
YES BYE BYE Roger Davis your hair touching and man handling of the female actress!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »
Let's commemorate the all too long in coming moment when RD literally faded away into daytime DS history:

(Though, sadly, we still had to deal with him in hoDS. But at least DC managed to reign him in. One of the few things about hoDS to be really grateful for.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 10:19:08 PM »
What do you mean by DC reigning him in!  I love to learn new things! Thanks for the pic. Sometimes I feel bad but I just don't like the guy or his characters.