Author Topic: Change of e-mail  (Read 689 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Change of e-mail
« on: June 21, 2005, 05:12:07 AM »
About a week ago I got DSL!!!  Other than being able to stay on the Internet and still have faxes come through, which has been wonderful, the only real difference I've noticed is that pictures come up a lot faster.  I'd often skip links to pictures unless it was something I thought I REALLY wanted to see.

Anyway, as a result of that my e-mail address is changing (the old one still works for about another month).  I went into my profile and changed it and was informed that I'd be sent an e-mail confirmation that I would have to click.

The e-mail came immediately and said I was currently "deactivated" and to click the link to be reactivated.  But when I click the link, I keep getting a message that I'm trying to enter the forum illegally.  When I just entered the normal way it still remembered me (my time at the forum is still being updated) and the new e-mail is listed in my profile.  So, am I active or not?

Also, there is an activation code - do I need to do anything with that?
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Change of e-mail
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:27:54 PM »
As we've mentioned before, there are security issues with several of the links in the e-mails that the forum automatically sends out, and that's why the illegal entry page comes up. However, when it comes to changing an e-mail address, despite the fact that they'll receive the illegal entry page, members' accounts are reactivated after they click on the link in the validation e-mail. While an account is deactivated, a member is greeted/treated as a guest and he/she isn't able to post. But once the link has been clicked (and the illegal page has come up) all member privileges/features have been restored.

As for the activation code, that can simply be ignored - clicking the e-mail's link took care of everything.  :)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Change of e-mail
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 10:38:27 PM »
Thank you!  I clearly seemed to be active!!!  :)
Josette