Author Topic: DS and GS (Game Shows)  (Read 752 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS and GS (Game Shows)
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:41:02 AM »
I was watching the 80's game show Sale of the Century this morning on GSN and they used the soundtrack from DS.  It was for a prize for an anti-burglar device (a big, huge, wooden box - my the times, how they were different back then).  As the host was explaining it, the set consisted of one of the male models dressed in black with a ski-mask climbing in through a window.  And the background music was from the DS soundtrack. 

It's fun watching those "old" shows and waiting to see if something DS pops up.  We can find lots of cross-overs between DS and GS's via GSN and youtube.  Jonathan Frid, in full Barnabas costume, was a surprise secret guest contestant on What's My Line?  So was the guy who was gussied up in make-up and played the werewolves (for Quentin and Chris).  Jonathan Frid, along with David Henesy, also appeared on Generation Gap.  Kate Jackson appeared several times on Password and Match Game.  Also (I saw it on GSN), a contestant who won the chance for $5,000 by matching exactly one of the celebrities on Match Game, picked Fanny Flag.  The fill-in-the blank was "dark-blank."  The contestant gave the wrong answer.  Fanny apologized and said:  "I wrote Dark Shadows." 

Those were the days for us "oldsters," back in the seventies and early eighties, when we all, whether male or female, had lotsa tall hair.  The "fashions" were "loud." 

Does anyone here have any other recollections of DS/GS crossovers? 

Gerard

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS and GS (Game Shows)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
Joan Bennett and Michael Stroka appeared on The Dating Game. Not together though!
Fade Away and Radiate