Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0360  (Read 1047 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0360
« on: August 10, 2007, 07:34:28 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0360
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 08:55:31 PM »
This was a show, where someone would think that Julia needs to go to her own hospital and sign in herself. I know I  have said that before. But it appears that she has flipped out.  An old term form the 60's and 70's, maybe not PC now.

GH does such a great job.  She really has great actng chops.  But did we ever think anytning else? Julia seems to wear alot of green and grey.  There is very few bright colors, maybe they are trying for figure our how to do the colors now.

Tony  should have asked  Julia to leave and he sould have said that  he wasn't going ro represent  her. But maybe he was thinking that he could get some good dope on the Collins'. But could he do that now that he is envolved with Carolyn?  Some really good shows are coming up.

Do you think that Barnabas would have really killed Julia or was going to finish the Gaslight treatment on her.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:14:11 AM »
As much as it pains me to say it, I do think Barnabas would have killed Julia at this point in their relationship, or rather, lack of one. He gets some pleasure out of tormenting her, but in the end, her headstrong nature and her knowledge of his secret would have ultimately caused her death.

It appears that sarah can select who hears her flute and who can't. Even two or more people standing in the same vicinity of a person who hears her flute, can be completely oblivious.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:50:45 AM »
At the end of this episode, when Julia was alone in the mausoleum after Sarah abandoned her, I started thinking about the medieval morality play Everyman, which was performed at my highschool (back before the flood) by the Medieval History class.  Everyman is looking for somebody to accompany him in death, and goes asking (at this point I admit I used the internet to refresh my memory) Fellowship, Kindred, Cousins, Worldly Goods, and Knowledge if they'll go with him. Each in turn refuses. I remember being very disappointed when Knowledge refused. (SPOILER - there was a happy ending. Good-Deeds said yes.)  And here we have, in this episode, Julia facing possible death, and looking around for someone to help her, and at the end, she's all alone, having been reminded by Sarah of her Bad Deed.  Of course, it isn't exactly the same as Everyman.  Julia wasn't exactly asking Maggie to help her with her problem; she was just looking for Sarah's doll.  But Julia's unhappiness causes Maggie to have kindly feelings for Dr. Hoffman for the first time - and so, through her suffering, Julia is redeemed.  Golly gee, this episode has Christianity coming out its ears!

I noticed a diploma on the wall of Tony Peterson's office today, near the arched doorway. What a relief to know that he graduated from something!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:13:57 PM »
I noticed a diploma on the wall of Tony Peterson's office today, near the arched doorway. What a relief to know that he graduated from something!

Unlike a certain 18th century someone who shall remain nameless.  ;) ... Though wait - perhaps he graduated from Bozo college.  ::)  ;D

Do you think that Barnabas would have really killed Julia or was going to finish the Gaslight treatment on her.

I agree with Sunny_Collins. If not for the timely intervention that prevents it, Barnabas would have definitely killed Julia.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:31:22 PM »
As usual, great acting job by Grayson Hall! [clap2] Poor Julia had Tony wondering if she was crazy!   [crazy2] But I could see why she would get so frightened when he didn't find her notebook right away. I uttered a sigh of relief when it was found! [whew]

I'm glad that Maggie and Joe had some good feelings for Julia. [cheesyg] Julia was showing her vulnerable side to them. Too bad Sarah wouldn't help Julia, but I can understand why Sarah was angry with her. Poor Julia! [bawl] She has nowhere to turn now! It's just a matter of time before Carolyn gets the notebook for Barnabas. [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 06:03:08 AM »
Incidentally, did anybody happen to catch the interview with Sam Hall that follows this episode on the DVD?

He is absolutely hilarious describing how he knew better than to ever end a scene on Grayson because she was sure to overact wildly in the final closeup shot.  He describes her as Lillian Gish in 1927!  It's a very funny moment because he says it in such a dry, flat way.  And this is her own husband speaking!

[hall2_wink]