Author Topic: Lara Parker Interview - Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 9 PM PST - KCLA-FM 99.3  (Read 2558 times)

Offline tonyblass

• View Profile
My partner Eric G. and I co-host a 1-hour radio program for the American Radio Network every Saturday night called "The Alchemist's Playground." On Saturday, August 11th at 9 PM PST (-0800 GMT) we will be interviewing Lara Parker in the studio on KCLA-FM 99.3 in Hollywood -- it is also broadcast simultaneously on the Internet at http://www.kclafm.com.

Ms. Parker will be discussing her life, career, Dark Shadows and, of course, her Dark Shadows book series, specifically her latest book, "Dark Shadows The Salem Branch."  We will also discuss the upcoming Dark Shadows Convention in Westchester, New York and the latest news about Johnny Depp's purchase of the rights to make a new Dark Shadows movie and what this will mean for fans of the original series, the audio books and new novels.  You won't want to miss this intimate, in depth interview with the one and only original Angelique herself, the warm, witty and always inspiring Lara Parker.

For more information visit our myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/alchemistplayground -- Tony Blass

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Thank you for the heads-up, and welcome!

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info, and best of luck with the interview! Will this be available for listening after the fact? I'll be out that night, wonder of wonders, and would hate to miss it.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Yes, indeed, Tony, thanks so much for the heads up on this, that is neat it is on the internet, for those fans not on the West Coast...

Offline tonyblass

• View Profile
I am still trying to figure out podcasting and so forth.  In the meantime, I'd be happy to send you a CD of the interview.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
A Podcast would be much appreciated or a stream I could listen to later.  I'm going to out all day and evening on August 11 and would hate to miss it.  Thanks.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I am still trying to figure out podcasting and so forth.  In the meantime, I'd be happy to send you a CD of the interview.

IF you have the FTP space, it might be simpler to post an MP3 of the broadcast that people could download and listen to at their leisure. TVGuide.com offers that alternative to people who don't have the time or a fast enough Internet connection to listen to their podcast.

Offline tonyblass

• View Profile
Thank you Benefactor.  I will try that.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Tony, I greatly enjoyed this interview, you and Eric seemed very informed interviewers, you know a subject always appreciates that!! Was so glad I was able to hear this on the Internet, and if you can make it available for others I am sure they will enjoy it, too!!

David

:D

How/where can I get a CD of this?

David

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
I was able to record it off the internet and saved as a MP3 file
If anyone is going to the fest and wants a CD send me an IM.

LdyAnne

Offline tonyblass

• View Profile
Thank you Miranda.  You can imagine what a thrill it was for me to interview Lara after growing up with Dark Shadows.  I've interviewed some big stars before but Lara was a lifelong dream.

LdyAnne, I would love for you to show me how to record off of the web.  I've been in broadcasting for decades but never yet figured out how to record from the webcasts!  Thank you for making CDs available.

In the meantime, I have completed my first podcast for this occasion.  This is not the actual show as broadcast, but just the interview itself.  it was pre-recorded for Lara's convenience.  We were just kidding when we seemed to be saying goodbye to her in the studio afterward :)  In any case, let me know what you think:  http://alchemistplayground.podOmatic.com/entry/2007-08-12T19_03_43-07_00

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I have completed my first podcast for this occasion.  In any case, let me know what you think

Everything works perfectly. I'm sure many fans will be very happy you've been able to provide the interview in downloadable MP3 format. And as for the interview itself, you did a wonderful job. And I actually learned something (I'd never heard the extended backstory about her real first name), so what more could anyone ask?  ;)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I am glad the interview was so meaningful for you, too, Tony, it showed, and great that others will be able to get it as a podcast--you will enjoy it!!

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
LdyAnne, I would love for you to show me how to record off of the web.  I've been in broadcasting for decades but never yet figured out how to record from the webcasts!  Thank you for making CDs available.

I got this program from the web called Audio Recorder for free It lets me record from a mic
So I just set it up infronm of my speakers. Not very high tech but it worked.