Author Topic: Oink! Oink!  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Re: Oink! Oink!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »
Ok, I think you know better then I but it "seemed" like ten's of thousands of cures.  Boy, what the mind will think it saw when reality is so different.  All I know for sure is that I got way more cures than curses and I was only doing it for a short while.  I think the trick is, STOP WHEN YOU'RE AHEAD!  ;)  Oh yeah, it was a pig's HEAD.   ;D
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »
I did a check of your points from the cheap, insufferable pig floatie and the good news is that between 12:16:28 am ET / 9:16:28 pm PT and 12:56:11 am ET / 9:56:11 pm PT on Wednesday/Tuesday, you caught 5 curses vs. 4 cures.    Unfortunately, though, your highest curse was only -192 points, whereas your highest cure was +1844.    And your total points from the cheap, insufferable pig floatie were +5862 cures vs. -765 curses.
Your overall stats (which you might have noticed are visible on everyone's summary profile pages whenever a floatie is active) are also interesting. They show that you've caught 114 curses vs. 115 cures, which is quite even - but your overall cure points outnumber your overall curses points by 22605 to 10910. Apparently you just can't catch a break at all with any of the floaties.

Interestingly, the majority of high curse points for the cheap, insufferable pig floatie were caught between 1:33:52 pm ET / 10:33:52 am PT and 6:13:32 pm ET / 3:13:32 pm PT on Wednesday, showing, I suppose, that timing is everything.  [wink2]

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
Quit tossing out numbers, MB, and just admit to the fact that you and Midnite have lured us all to this board to play twisted mind games with us because you have absolutely nothing better to do with your time.  [snorting] [8393]

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 09:54:38 PM »
Twisted mind games?!  :(  Us?!  :o

But if that were so, it would be because it would be a very constructive thing to do with our time because, after all, Midnite and I are the Iron Bitch [zoom] and Iron Bastard [diablo] of cyberspace.  [lghy]
And let's not forget our cohort DOMinatrix.

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 11:11:26 PM »
I enjoy the floaties and enjoy clicking on them but was there any particular reason for yesterday's cheap insufferable pig floatie? Was it some kind of special day? And why is Jeb referred to in this way? While he may have started off as a bad guy I liked it that he changed. And he's by far not the most evil character on the show, IMO that award goes to Gregory Trask the sanctimonious prig. It would be great to have a sanctimonious prig day in his dishonor lol!

Alondra

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 11:14:46 PM »
Twisted mind games?!  :(  Us?!  :o

But if that were so, it would be because it would be a very constructive thing to do with our time because, after all, Midnite and I are the Iron Bitch [zoom] and Iron Bastard [diablo] of cyberspace.  [lghy]
And let's not forget our cohort DOMinatrix. (IMG)

Spank me.  Whip me.  Bind me in uncomfortable areas.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
Take a deep breath, Magnus.............. [zzwhip]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »
was there any particular reason for yesterday's cheap insufferable pig floatie? Was it some kind of special day? And why is Jeb referred to in this way?

You call yourself a DS fan and you don't know this?!  :o

But seriously, February 27th was the anniversary of the original showing of Ep #960 (which appeared in the slideshow) in which Roger uttered the immortal line with reference to Jeb: "Someone's got to tell him what a cheap, insufferable pig he is!"  ;)

We'll overlook the fact that you didn't know that this time, but in the future, well, you may not want to contemplate what might happen...  >:D

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »
And, Mysterioso darling, don't forget to add that as soon as Roger put the phone down from uttering that immortal line, he turned around to see Jeb himself standing at the door, grinning in an uncomfortably smug manner!

Great scene... which I've only watched, oh, 19 or 25 or 39 times...

G.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 01:49:21 AM »
But seriously, February 27th was the anniversary of the original showing of Ep #960 (which appeared in the slideshow) in which Roger uttered the immortal line with reference to Jeb: "Someone's got to tell him what a cheap, insufferable pig he is!"  ;)

Do we get a floating Barnabas in April for his aniversary??? It's his 40th or should I Say 215th Plus day. Did we ever know really how old he was?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 03:28:25 AM »
Bizarre coincidence it may be, but I got a message from 123greetings.com yesterday advertising the celebration of Pig Day! http://www.123greetings.com/events/pig_day/

MB, are you in cahoots with this website?

ProfStokes

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 03:43:08 AM »
I swear I'm not - but how wild it that?!  [stfl]

(Though, lucky for them, none of those pigs look like they're insufferable.  [wink2])

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 04:12:23 AM »
We'll overlook the fact that you didn't know that this time, but in the future, well, you may not want to contemplate what might happen...  >:D

I appreciate your generosity. I didn't remember this since the Leviathan storyline is not one I'm as familiar with as others, and I didn't remember this particularly. But I just plugged in this episode and watched the scene and laughed when I heard Roger say this. I needed that laugh.

Alondra

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 04:23:01 AM »
I assume, MB, that you've heard that the Chinese New Year in February marked the start of the year of the pig?  [pork]

To be honest, since I knew what the animal designation for the year would be but was fuzzy on the start date, I thought maybe you were being multicultural in your pig festivities. I didn't realize it was the anniversary of the actual utterance.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 04:48:18 AM »
Well I enjoy the floaties too, as my cures and curses show.  I see a floatie hover around my cursor and I can't resist clicking at it.  Sometimes the floatie will follow the mouse around the window and if I stop it, the floatie acts like it's teasing the mouse. LOL

I just wish I could capture those curses... more.  ;)
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/