Poll

How do you perceive Maggie Evans' onscreen presence from the beginning of the Adam storyline, through her governess days and to the end of the show?

She became a stronger, more compelling onscreen presence during that time.
1 (6.3%)
She remained pretty much the same as a onscreen presence, stronger in some ways, weaker in others.
6 (37.5%)
She became a weaker, less compelling onscreen presence during that time.
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: September 24, 2006, 09:09:51 PM

Author Topic: Maggie Evans  (Read 2169 times)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie Evans
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »
You all know I adore those two (W&M) together

KLS & Johnny had good chemistry together.  But then, he did w/Nancy Barret too!  LOVE them as Melanie & Kendrick (and Leticia & Desmond too!  ;))  Thought their two onstage kisses during the reinactment of episode 1245 at the Fest were electric!  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 04:57:06 PM »
When I got my tapes in 2002, i had what i think was a holdover from childhood...i'd look straight at Victoria (AM) or Maggie, and mistake one for the other, for a long time.    A whole episode would go by, I'd wonder why the hell Victoria would do that... then it would hit me.   They don't even look much alike.    The two of them had imprinted on my child brain as the same person.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 11:27:25 PM »
I had to think about this question before I posted, simply for the fact I couldn't make up my mind right away about the changes in Maggie, because there were definitely changes, but they happened quite gradually IMO.

It wasn't as though she became the childrens' governess then just as quickly snapped in to the "helpless" mode".

She had a steeliness to her that Vicki never possessed, a no nonsense attitude, which helped her to put up a good fight with Quentin's ghost when he wanted David.

she could also be kind and gentle with the children.

As we see her after the 1897 story line, her character transforms somewhat, but not entirely, in to a carbon copy of Vicki, although there is still that small spark of fire in her when she deceives Jeb.

When she takes the most drastic change IMHO, is when she is the victim of Roxanne Drew, and I don't think they gave her character a good sendoff by taking her to Windcliff.

Did she change? No doubt.

Do I miss the strong, slightly rebellious Maggie? Most definitely!

I wish they would have allowed her to remain her own character instead of trying to make her in to another Vicki. I liked her much much better as Maggie the working class waitress, friend of Vicki, and fiance to Joe. What a pity that all ended.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"