Author Topic: Off-Camera Scenes You Wish Had Been Shown  (Read 3320 times)

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Camera Scenes You Wish Had Been Shown
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 12:43:34 PM »
I'd love to have seen the 'innocent'  Angelique being seduced by Barnabas back in Martinique [ghost_wink].  Would love to have seen Willie paying the caterers off after delivering meals through the back door at the Old House.  What would the name of that catering  company be..hmmmm.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 02:54:41 PM »
I'd love to have seen the 'innocent'  Angelique being seduced by Barnabas back in Martinique [ghost_wink].  

I don't know if this was ever taken up before, but was Angelique ever innocent?
I would have loved to have seen Angelique taking her first instruction in magic.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »
LOL Lydia! I can just picture him hunched over in a corner with a needle and thread and casting furtive looks at the door!

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 03:28:58 AM »
Barnabas and Julia discovering computers and the Internet in 1995. Unfortunately Gorden Russell and Sam Hall could not see 25 years into the future they would have had some great  material.
Dan

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 11:56:58 PM »
I just watched 1995 and you make a good point! Although computers were around in those days they were gigantic. As much as I love 1995 it didn't seem futuristic at all--just creepy beyond creepy! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:46 AM »
I just watched 1995 and you make a good point! Although computers were around in those days they were gigantic. As much as I love 1995 it didn't seem futuristic at all--just creepy beyond creepy! 

A classic 1959 SF novel, A Canticle for Leibowitz, has a scene in which a computer repairman comes to service a customer's (desktop?) office computer.  It's treated as a very mundane sort of thing, and I experienced it that way listening to it, and then I remembered when this was written...   

DS's 1995 was more accurate than any "futuristic" SF story about 1995 would ever have been.   Life in actual 1995 was much more similar to 1970 than anyone else expected.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 01:58:21 AM »
Well I didn't expect them to have flying cars but some difference's between the two time peroids would have been nice.   However we are getting off topic so we can discuss this somewhere else! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »
During the Leviathan story, I would have loved to see a reunion between Nicholas and Maggie. There's a lot of unresolved issues between them. Was he still hung up on her? Would her memories have returned? And which memories?
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 12:43:40 AM »
During the Leviathan story, I would have loved to see a reunion between Nicholas and Maggie. There's a lot of unresolved issues between them. Was he still hung up on her?

And [spoiler]how many years did Satan spank him for falling in "love", or whatever it was?![/spoiler]

All the trips to and from the mausoleum (five miles north of Collinsport) along the highway, starting with [spoiler]Maggie trudging hypnotically in her slippers and nightie to be bit....[/spoiler]   Also the trips to and from Wyndcliffe, especially [spoiler]Liz's escape on foot![/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 02:43:14 AM »
1995 was much more similar to 1970 than anyone else expected.

And I really have to commend whatever cause (direction, budget woes, etc.) produced the results we saw.  Style issues notwithstanding, that looked like 1995 to me.   

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
In 1840 [spoiler] Angelique and Julia actually finding and rescuing Barnabas from the basement of the Trask Chapel after he'd been walled in an alcove by Lamar Trask. [/spoiler] Always felt a little cheated that we didn't get to see these two women working together to rescue the man they both loved.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 04:12:26 AM »
I wish we could have seen flashbacks to the days before 1897 when Laura, Jenny, Quentin, Edward, Carl, Judith, Edith etc. all lived together as one dysfunctional extended family in Collinwood.  I can imagine them all seated around a dining room table with plenty of barbed words and eccentricities on full display. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.